We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Malpensa airport

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bellingham...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel near Malpensa airport

We will be flying in to Malpensa airport on March 15, 2012. We need a hotel near the airport to sleep and return to airport next day. What do you suggest with a shuttle? Also a restaurant...not too expensive.

Lynn

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
450 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Malpensa airport

We stayed here in September, comfortable, clean, free convenient shuttle, free breakfast, nice people and very close to airport but still quiet. First Hotel; www.firsthotel.it. I don't know what you think is too expensive, but I think it was in the 100 Euro range. We will be using it again next year. Hope this helps.

United States
Level Contributor
9,571 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Malpensa airport

I recently stayed at the First Hotel also and agree its a good alternative near the airport. My room was €80 (prepaid, no cancelation, internet special). It included free shuttle from and back to the airport and 30 minutes free wifi. That was handy to print my boarding passes.

The hotel restaurant was closed that night but you could order from the bar menu or walk next door to a wonderful restaurant, La Quercia, tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g664016-d1…

The antipasti buffet was €9 and offered many choices (once through) and the pasta dishes were reasonably priced. I had the buffet, steak dish, dessert, and soft drink and the bill was around €30.

Friends stayed at the airport Sheridan and it was way more expensive.

My only complaint was the lack of electrical outlets in the room. I had to unplug the TV and lamp in order to charge my laptop and phone and use my hair curler.

TAB

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Malpensa airport

If you google Malpensa hotels you'll get all the options, then check them out here in the hotel section.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Malpensa airport

Hi,

there is a beautiful little town close to Malpensa called Oleggio...such a beauty!

Almost all the hotels get the free transfer,let me know if u have any question.

Ciao

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,446 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Malpensa airport

I also endorse the First Hotel, the free hotel shuttle to/from the airport takes about 8 minutes. The restaurant La Quercia is immediately next door, perhaps a 60 second walk.

We love La Quercia. we usually make it a point to fly home from Malpensa just so we can get our last meal in Italy at La Quercia.

Just one little issue - the breakfast at the First Hotel is pretty poor, but you can get brioche and cafe at the airport.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
157 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Malpensa airport

We disembark a cruise in Venice on Saturday morning 3 November and fly out of Malpensa Sunday morning 4 Nov.

We will train from Venice to Milan, arriving Milan early afternoon.

I am considering leaving our luggage at the left luggage area at Milan Station, having a wander around the streets of Milan and then finding our way to a Malpensa Airport hotel so that we are close to the airport for an early morning flight.

First Hotel looks like it would be a good option, but I can't work out how to get there from Milan. Their website gives instructions for arriving by car but not train. Can anyone please help with this?

Thanks

United States
Level Contributor
9,571 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near Malpensa airport

You can take the train or shuttle bus from Milan Centrale to the airport and call First Hotel. Their shuttle will come pick up you up outside airport arrivals. Their pickup point is on the traffic island. You will see the van with the Hotel logo on the side. When you book confirm your estimated time of arrival and checkin so they can expect you. Also, ask how late the shuttle runs.

Otherwise you can take a taxi but there will be a minimum fare for such a short distance.

TAB

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
157 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near Malpensa airport

thank you TABarrett

9. Re: Hotel near Malpensa airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 04:42