We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Linate airport to stazione centrale.

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From Linate airport to stazione centrale.

My flight will land at around 10:15am at Linate Airport , than I have to go to stazione centrale to catch a trian to Lugano Switzerland , the first train after my arrival depart at 11:10 .Do you thing I can make it in one hour to pick my luggage and than go straight to stazione centrale to get the train to Lugano (11:10). I see the thing impossible but asking will cost me nothing . Than the next train is at 15:10.

If yes I can. How can I do it !

It will be on a Monday!

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
260 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Linate airport to stazione centrale.

By Bus no way. You'll arrive in SanBabila ...

If you take a cab, yes it is possible. Still you have to hope that there is no luggage delay

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Linate airport to stazione centrale.

No, the bus takes about 40 minutes to the central station and you will have to pick up you luggage first so you won't make it.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Linate airport to stazione centrale.

Just to add that a taxi won't be any quicker because of the traffic.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,516 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: From Linate airport to stazione centrale.

Buses are timetabled at 25 minutes, though they may indeed sometimes take 40 minutes.

If you want to arrive a little earlier in Lugano than off the 15.10, take the metro two stops from Milano Centrale to Milano Porta Garibaldi train station then take a train from there, changing at Chiasso. These connections are not shown on the trenitalia website as it does not hold information on most Swiss trains. See http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html for times but buy tickets in Milan.

You may prefer to wait for the next train from Centrale, as it is direct and much faster.

Malta
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: From Linate airport to stazione centrale.

Ok thanks so the best thing is to take it easy and have a coffee at stazione centrale and take the one at 15:10

Malta, EU
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: From Linate airport to stazione centrale.

I shall be travelling to Milano Linate Airport on the 28th December with a group of other four family members one of which is a baby in a stroller. Our Flight lands at 10.15 am. Which are the best ways to get to Peschiera del Garda?

How accessible are the buses to Milano Stazione Centrale given that luggage and little children will be involved?

Any suggestions will be of great help!:)

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,516 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: From Linate airport to stazione centrale.

Most buses are dedicated shuttle buses with luggage storage underneath like the picture on atm-mi.it/it/…airbus.aspx Another company autostradale.it/pdf/…Linate also operates the route.

There are direct trains from Milano Centrale to Peschiera at 12.05 and 13.05 taking one hour and seven minutes.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From Linate airport to stazione centrale.

I quote perilizia and Chrella replies.

Do not forget to have a look to our article for connections airports/center

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187849-s301/Milan:It…

regards..

liverpool uk
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: From Linate airport to stazione centrale.

I will be leaving stazione centrale milano to milan linate airport earlymorning and my flight will depart at 15.55 on 28.1.2013 to London Gatwick. Which transport can I travelling with the cheapest fare and fastest to get in aiport ?

Thanks and plese share the link of the transfer if u got any. thanks.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: From Linate airport to stazione centrale.

Hi LiverpoolUkcTb

have you read the article mentioned in my post (#8)?

regards..