We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to wear in milan

Birmingham, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
what to wear in milan

hi,

My friend and i are going to Milan at the end of the week, I have been looking at the temperatures, nearing -9!!! What would be suitable attire, we still want to look stylish without shouting tourists with the way we dress for the cold!

New York City, New...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: what to wear in milan

Hi, today 3' it's cold but not more.

Before your visit see the official website of the tourism office with many information about milan www.milantourismpoint.com

Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to wear in milan

Hi, I live in Monza, ten kms from Milan and the weather is the same: today it's cold, but not SO COLD as you say.

Probably in the night the temperature is -3, but in the day it's 4/5 and consider that last week we had 15 (that is too much for Milan in January).

However, don't worry.......when it's very cold in Milan we aren't so stylish!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to wear in milan

The same as what you would wear at home, temperatures are similar.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,524 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to wear in milan

Normal attire for the weather conditions !!

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
950 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to wear in milan

You do not have to dress any differently in Milan than you would dress for the cold in any other City.

SF Bay Area, CA
Level Contributor
120 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to wear in milan

We're here right now and it's chilly for sure (but we are from California where it doesn't get this cold). Lots of black winter jackets, I stick out a bit in my green one. :)

I think whatever you wear will be fine, just remember to bring gloves and a scarf!

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,141 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what to wear in milan

#1 - the link you proposed has nothing to do with the Milan Tourist Board.

I would advise to stay clear of a private company that purports to be the tourist board! Real tourist board websites are:

http://www.turismo.milano.it (City of Milan - click on the UK flag for English)

http://www.visitamilano.it/turismo_en (Provinceof Milan)

As for what to wear -- the answer is: whatever keeps you warm!

Contrary to popular belief, nobody in Milan gives a @@@ about how people (tourists or locals) dress....

Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what to wear in milan

Ciao manps, at this moment in Milan it's snowing and TV said that colder days will arrive and last ten days about.

Temperatures could be -10 (at night) and maximum +2.

Don't forget gloves and a hat and don't mind if you aren't too fashionable: Milan is a big town where inhabitants eat, drink, work and dress like anybody in the world.......Versace, Armani, Gucci and D&G are only brands, not our lifestyle!

Arrivederci a Milano, AdeleAlessandra

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
950 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what to wear in milan

Yes, think we should get to the bottom of this and try and clear it up as one reads so many posts about what to wear when in Milan.

With respect, not sure how anyone thinks they would "stick out" in Milan.

Milan is a bustling, Cosmopolitan City where you will see people (all shapes and forms) dressed smartly, dressed averagely, dressed shabbily, beggars, etc.

No-one looks or is particularly interested in what others are wearing. I do not even think about it when I am there....

So many people seem to imagine the streets of Milan are similar to International Fashion catwalks. It is not vaguely like that. I want to be brave enough to say it is the opposite.....okay, I have said it!

One does not need special (fashionable) clothing when visiting Milan.

Birmingham, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: what to wear in milan

ahhhhhh thank you for the help but its the weather that is concerning me!!!!!!!!!