We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

duomo cathedral

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
duomo cathedral

one comment about the cathedral states no ticket necessary, another states need to obtain ticket next door. Anyone know if a ticket is needed and can it be obtained online?

Thanks

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,486 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: duomo cathedral

No ticket to enter the main floor. You buy a ticket if you go to the roof (I highly recomend this), or the Baptistry.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,780 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: duomo cathedral

it is really important to do the roof tour -- it is worth every cent -- really a great experience.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: duomo cathedral

is there a way to pre-purchase and not wait a long time to enter?

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
910 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: duomo cathedral

Usually there is no queue. It seldom happens for the lift, almost never or the stairs.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: duomo cathedral

there won't be long queues, get the ticket when you're there, it's not worth it if it's raining or foggy.

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: duomo cathedral

As stated above, although the roof is very popular its seldom over-run with visitors.

Personally I would just turn up and take my chance.

7. Re: duomo cathedral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 09:28