We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting 'La Scala' auditorium without seeing a performance

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting 'La Scala' auditorium without seeing a performance

Hello!

Is it possible to see the auditorium of 'La Scala' theater without actually watching a performance ?

Are there any tours inside the auditorium ?

If we visit the 'La Scala' museum do we get to also see the auditorium ? In the website it mentions something relevant but its not very clear.

Grazie a tutti!

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting 'La Scala' auditorium without seeing a performance

Generally if you go into the La Scala museum, as long as they are not rehearsing a performance you can go into the auditorium and into a few of the boxes to get a super view of the concert hall. Each time I have been I have been able to go into the boxes.

STRESA

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting 'La Scala' auditorium without seeing a performance

Thanks a lot!

How will I know whether there is a rehearsal or a performance at the time I ll visit ? If I ask at the theater museum box office, will they tell me ?

I m only interested into seeing the auditorium, If thats not possible, I dont really want to visit the museum.

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting 'La Scala' auditorium without seeing a performance

Just ask at the ticket office...

To be honest you'd be missing out by not visiting the museum especially if you are interested in classical music, opera & ballet. It is super.

STRESA

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,763 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting 'La Scala' auditorium without seeing a performance

It's one of my favorite museums in Italy and the only thing I like about Milan (personal tastes and all that) - first time I went to the museum, I asked a guard about where the restroom was and he pointed me in the direction and then saw that I stopped as I heard a beautiful aria coming from the auditorium. He asked me if I wanted to go into one of the boxes and watch the rehearsal for a few minutes; of course, I did and he never came to ask me to leave for a really long time. It was a treat I hadn't expected.

I so agree; the museum is very much worth a visit even if you don't get such an opportunity. I have been back numerous times.

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
910 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting 'La Scala' auditorium without seeing a performance

Outside ticket office there is a panel showing the hours when it is possible to look inside.

Edited: 06 April 2012, 18:25
Ashkelon, Israel
Level Contributor
59 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting 'La Scala' auditorium without seeing a performance

How lovely, MomCat1992! I'll be sure to visit the ladies' loo and hope for the best ! How long should we estimate for the museum, not taking into account the option of sitting in a box watching an opera singer?

7. Re: Visiting 'La Scala' auditorium without seeing a performance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 06:17