We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trenitalia 9euro mini fares

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
5 posts
Save Topic
Trenitalia 9euro mini fares

Making frantic last minute plans for my family of 4.

How can we take advantage of the advertised mini fares of 9euro within Italy?

Trying to book may 31 Milan to Venice.

I've been on TA a lot lately. Thank you everyone for great advise/reviews.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,925 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trenitalia 9euro mini fares

The chances of your finding €9 Mini fares for this date are very low. The cheapest Mini fares sell out first, then the next price level is put on sale and sells out, and so on until only full price is left. Check fare availabilities from Milano Centrale to Venezia Santa Lucia on www.fsitaliane.it/lefrecce.html

San Francisco...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trenitalia 9euro mini fares

thank you perilizia

Pulau Ubin...
Level Contributor
139 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trenitalia 9euro mini fares

The 9Euro mini fares are only available 2 days before the actual travelling dates... so I think it would be quite difficult especially on such a popular route.

Details of the 9Euro offer here.

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

Book as soon as you are confirmed. The earlier the better prices, I paid EUR29 for Milano-Venezia booking 1 month in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,645 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trenitalia 9euro mini fares

>>The 9Euro mini fares are only available 2 days before the actual travelling dates.<<

Not correct. The Trenitalia web site has a very bad translation into English. What is meant is that Mini fares must be purchased at least 2 days before travel.

The €9 Mini fares are available as soon as tickets go on sale (usually 60 days before travel), and often sell out within a few days.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trenitalia 9euro mini fares

The best thing to do is to add the word "to" in front of "two" to make sense of what they say:

>>>>

When and how to book

The MINI offer can be booked up two days before departure on this website, at authorised travel agencies and through our call centre, also with ticketless option, at ticket desks and self-service ticket machines at train stations.

>>>>

Not too difficult?

Peter

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,090 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trenitalia 9euro mini fares

The lowest mini fare for that date is 19 euro at 6.35am arriving in Venice at 9.10am. There are plenty of 29 euro fares, a saving of 6 euro on the base fare.

Pulau Ubin...
Level Contributor
139 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trenitalia 9euro mini fares

Apologies for the mistake, my typo error.

I mean "available up to 2 days before."

Thanks for correcting.

8. Re: Trenitalia 9euro mini fares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 08:15