We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code for afternoon performance @ La Scala

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire
Level Contributor
50 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Dress Code for afternoon performance @ La Scala

Hi all,

I've checked previous posts but most relate to the evening, we're going to an afternoon performance next Sunday and I wondered how dressy should I go?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Karen

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Code for afternoon performance @ La Scala

I would go with smart casual but you'll see people there in jeans so really I would say wear what you like or what you would wear to the theatre at home.

UK
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Code for afternoon performance @ La Scala

As Wagner operas last through well into the evening I'd err on the side of caution and dress smartly.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
50 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress Code for afternoon performance @ La Scala

Thanks, appreciate the advice ,I'm so looking forward to it that I'd like to do justice to the occasion !

4. Re: Dress Code for afternoon performance @ La Scala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2013, 10:16