We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

orio al serio bergamo- malpensa airport

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
orio al serio bergamo- malpensa airport

Hey there. I need to go from the orio al serio to the malpensa airport. Can you tell me which bus or other kind of transportation should I get? How much would that cost? I 'll be in a great hurry that day, so which is the fastest way to get to the airport?

Mille grazie!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,679 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: orio al serio bergamo- malpensa airport

According to Bergamo airport's web site, there is a shuttle bus: see orioaeroporto.it/Editorial/…

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: orio al serio bergamo- malpensa airport

Yes, the shuttle bus is the easiest option but allow for traffic.

Paris, France
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: orio al serio bergamo- malpensa airport

I was also thinking to catch a bus from the Orio al Serio (Autostradale ) , go to the Milan Central Station and then take a taxi or a train to Malpensa airport. Would that be faster that a shuttlebus? My main problem is that I'll arrive on Sunday, at 12:05 on Orio al Serio and my other flight takes off at 15:10 from Malpensa airport. Do you think I'm gonna make it or I'll miss my flight?

Thank you again for responding!

Edited: 27 November 2012, 09:03
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,679 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: orio al serio bergamo- malpensa airport

I think you are going to miss your flight.

You need to be at Malpensa by 13.10, and there is no way you can make it.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,942 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: orio al serio bergamo- malpensa airport

Depends on what your second flight is. If you only have carry-on luggage and your second flight is one in which you must be at Malpensa at least 40 minutes beforehand, you might make it using a very expensive taxi.

But as the buses to Milan take around 70 minutes and the trains from there to Maloensa take 35-50 minutes and the buses 50 minutes, you are unlikely to make it using public transport once you allow for the time to get out of Bergamo Airport and waiting/connection times..

Paris, France
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: orio al serio bergamo- malpensa airport

How much ,do you think, will the taxi from the central station to the Malpensa airport cost ?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,942 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: orio al serio bergamo- malpensa airport

From Milano Centrale to Malpensa, a taxi costs €90. But that will save you little or no time over the bus or train. It's a taxi all the way from Bergamo airport to Malpensa which might be significantly faster.

Paris, France
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: orio al serio bergamo- malpensa airport

I finally decided to grab a cab from Orio al Serio to Milan Central Station and then a bus (Malpensa shuttle) from there to Malpensa airport! Hopefully , I'm gonna make it!

Thank you again for responding!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,942 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: orio al serio bergamo- malpensa airport

That will save you little time either, and will probably cost more than a taxi from Milan.

A direct taxi between the airports saves time because you would travel on very fast toll roads all the way, avoiding Milan completely.

Taking a taxi either to or from Milan saves little time, because you will be following exactly the same route as the buses and going right into the centre of Milan.

Thessaloníki...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: orio al serio bergamo- malpensa airport

Hi i would like to ask wich is the cheapest way to move from malpensa airpost to orio serio and from orio serio back to malpensa airport???