We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats happening in Milan 2nd week of April?

texas
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Whats happening in Milan 2nd week of April?

We are looking at being in Milan 9-13 April. I have looked at a couple of hotel web sites and prices seem to be extremely expensive during that period, two to three times what they were previously when I looked for different dates. Does anyone know what is going on in Milan at that time?

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats happening in Milan 2nd week of April?

hi marcusha

and welcome to the Milan forum!

The "international exhibition of furniture" takes place during those days (http://www.cosmit.it/en/). It's one of the most important exhibition in Milan. Usually during that period Milan is full and prices are extremely high.

regards..

Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats happening in Milan 2nd week of April?

Wish I had seen this earlier, just trying to book one nights accommodation in Milan for Thursday 10th April

So many places are already booked out.

Will be travelling into Milan from Bellagio, plan was to arrive mid morning Thursday, stay in Milan near rail station, visit Duomo and Last Supper then head out to MXP on the Friday Morning.

Can anyone suggest spots outside of Milan that we could still easily travel into the City for sites and again be easy for train back to MXP

Regards

T

Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats happening in Milan 2nd week of April?

argh I have just realised 2013

still seems busy and booked out is it the same dates this year?

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats happening in Milan 2nd week of April?

Milan Fairgrounds takes place this year on 8:13 April 2014.

About day trip, there are many possibilities:

- Bologna (50 minutes distance with speed trains)

- Turin (about one hour distance with speed trains).

- Bergamo is also a good suggestion (50 minutes distance with regional trains)

- the Bernina Railway route tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187849-c181034/Milan…

- Verona (one hour and a half distance with speed trains)

- Padua (one hour and a half distance with speed trains).

regards..

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats happening in Milan 2nd week of April?

Hi, yes it's always the same week so prices will be high, even the airport hotel prices are way above the normal rate, you could look for somewhere with a 24 hour cancellation policy, book it then keep checking other hotels for a lower rate but in the end maybe it would just be better staying in Bellagio and heading straight to the airport from there.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats happening in Milan 2nd week of April?

You could always go from Bellagio to Como and spend the night there. The lake ferry and the Como Lago Nord train station (end of the line) are both within walking distance of the main hotel area. It would then be less than an hour train ride into Milan the next morning.

Adana, Turkey
Level Contributor
2 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats happening in Milan 2nd week of April?

I just experienced the same thing. Last night I looked up hotels for only $150-200. And in just the next day today I cannot find one under $500, all rates seem to have tripled plus they all seem to be booked! I looked up Milan events and saw the furniture expo, but I think it's also the start of the flower festival?

Adana, Turkey
Level Contributor
2 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whats happening in Milan 2nd week of April?

It's also close to Easter and the previous week considered a holy week and palm Sunday...

9. Re: Whats happening in Milan 2nd week of April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 06:18