We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A visit to La Scala

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A visit to La Scala

Hello travellers,

Do you know if it is possible to visit the Theatre La Scala or only the museum ?

Thank you,

Masaryk

NY
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A visit to La Scala

If you go to the museum and get a ticket, it only allows you entrance to the museum. However, if there is no performance or rehearsal going on they will let you view the theater from one or two of the boxes for a few minutes, this is perhaps more certain early in the morning.

I do not know if there is some other tour that goes into the theater, maybe some private tours. that someone will know about

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,632 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A visit to La Scala

The tour company Zaniviaggi claims to include a visit to Teatro Alla Scala

…zaniviaggi.it/tour/tour_milan/milano_city_t…

J A
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A visit to La Scala

There actually is a tour of just La Scala opera house with an English-speaking guide. There's information about it here and a link to reserve the tour.

inspireddiversions.com/article.cfm…

Ottawa
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: A visit to La Scala

Thank you all for the information.

Masaryk

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,737 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A visit to La Scala

The first time I went, I went to just see the museum in the afternoon I was there and when I asked someone where the restroom was, I was pointed in a direction and when I reached it, there was someone from staff who asked if I wanted to sit in on the rehearsal that was going (in one of the boxes). I nearly died from pleasure; it was so amazing to be sitting there all alone in the audience seats, in a box, soaking it up - they never came to ask me to leave - I think I stayed over 30 minutes or so.

To add to the special treat nature of the whole afternoon, the special exhibit was on Maria Callas and they had her voice filling the museum. Sigh.

Very sweet. I've been back a few times - I love that venue.

6. Re: A visit to La Scala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 07:16