We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clothing shops around V. Emmanuel II

San Francisco
Level Contributor
647 posts
Save Topic
clothing shops around V. Emmanuel II

I thought I remember I saw somewhere suggestions for more reasonably priced clothing shopping around V. Emmanuel II, Duomo etc, but I cannot find that post now( probably do not know how to

search better). Can someone give me some info. We probably only have about l to 1 hour 15 mins

around there, so it has to been within walking distance. Where are these shopping areas relative to Luini which seems like is a must try for everyone. I thought somebody post that Grom Ice cream shop is right around Luini, but when I went to google maps and use Grom's address of Via Alberto de Giussano, it shows walking time of 65 mins form V Emanuel to Grom. Did I remember the wrong

Gelato's place, please advise and give me the address if possible so I can map it out using Google maps. thanks so much.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clothing shops around V. Emmanuel II

It depends what shops you're looking for there are all the chain shops around the Duomo like H&M and Zara but there's also the Rinascenti department store which isn't exactly cheap but worth a look around. There's a Grom in Via S. Margherita which is only about 100mtr from the La Scala theatre.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: clothing shops around V. Emmanuel II

these are the threads:

tripadvisor.com/…47945213

tripadvisor.com/…47637630

San Francisco
Level Contributor
647 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: clothing shops around V. Emmanuel II

Thanks everyone for your comment.

Carmen 0806, I look at your Milan fashion quarter tour, unfortunately because I am not familar with Milan, and

I do not have a local map, so I could not figure out distances etc. Since I only have l day left before I leave,

would it be possible you just let me know within 20 mins ( one Way) walking distance from V. Emmanuel II,

is there about of that shops you mentioned in your itineary that I can visit. I greatly appreciate it. I know I

should have planned sooner, but just don't have time to get to it.

Thanks again. ( So I would say 20 mins walk max one way and 40 mins round trip back to V Emmanuel II)

San Francisco
Level Contributor
647 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: clothing shops around V. Emmanuel II

Thanks everyone for your comment.

Carmen 0806, I look at your Milan fashion quarter tour, unfortunately because I am not familar with Milan, and

I do not have a local map, so I could not figure out distances etc. Since I only have l day left before I leave,

would it be possible you just let me know within 20 mins ( one Way) walking distance from V. Emmanuel II,

is there about of that shops you mentioned in your itineary that I can visit. I greatly appreciate it. I know I

should have planned sooner, but just don't have time to get to it.

Thanks again. ( So I would say 20 mins walk max one way and 40 mins round trip back to V Emmanuel II)

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: clothing shops around V. Emmanuel II

sorry but I don't understand your troubles as in the itinerary I mentioned there is a map (http://goo.gl/maps/Pi10j) and with google map is easy to understand how much time you spend to move, even by foot, from one point to an other..

6. Re: clothing shops around V. Emmanuel II

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 04:16