We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much does taxi cost from Porto Garibaldi to Central

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
825 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
How much does taxi cost from Porto Garibaldi to Central

We'll be arriving by train from Paris around 6pm on a week day. We're staying one night at Hotel Berna near Central Station as we leave the next morning from Central Station for Levanto.

I know we could get the Metro, but we'll have luggage and this will be our first experience of Italy, so I thought a taxi would be less daunting. Would a taxi at that time (peak hour?) be very expensive? Can anyone give me a rough idea of cost and if there would be plenty of taxis at the station. Are the taxi drivers honest or do they try to take you the long way?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,457 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much does taxi cost from Porto Garibaldi to Central

We have done this trip. Took about 15 mins to get a taxi as it was busy but is only a 10 min trip to central. It cost (I think) around 13euros ... and was worth it. The metro is fairly fast but we had no idea where we were and just wanted to get to our hotel. I wouldn't worry about getting "hustled" ... it's not the wild west. They have meters in the cabs. If you are you can google the route to get an idea of the distance. The driver was really nice and we had a laugh because I asked for the termini ... which is in Rome.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
825 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much does taxi cost from Porto Garibaldi to Central

Thanks. OK, I think we'll get a taxi then. I've looked at a map and it's supposed to be only about 2km or less, so a taxi straight here shouldn't be too expensive.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,099 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much does taxi cost from Porto Garibaldi to Central

Right, but just on the off chance that you find the crook cabbie who does try the long way (happens), try memorizing the route on google maps -- it's pretty stratightforward - you never know......

4. Re: How much does taxi cost from Porto Garibaldi to Central

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 04:17