We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good 3* Hotel near Station Central

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Good 3* Hotel near Station Central

Looking for recommendations for a decent 3* Hotel within 5-10 minutes or so walking distance from Central Station.

We don't mind a 'chain hotel' Ibis, Mercure or BW etc. Preferably in a 'quietish' area as one of us is a very light sleeper.

Budget would be around 80 to 100 Euros per night. Mid September we would be arriving.

Thank you.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good 3* Hotel near Station Central

Hotel Berna always gets good reviews here and should be within your budget.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good 3* Hotel near Station Central

However I would also check out this hotel price comparison website to see whats available.

www.hotelscombined.com

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good 3* Hotel near Station Central

Chrella...Will check this out. Already looked at Hotel Berna and seemed expensive. I gather from another post that there is some sort of show or opera on on the 16th September which could influence hotel prices?

I think the name is ............Gomez?

Looked at Hotel Soperga and the reviews are reasonable and it's near to the Stazione Centrale.

Anyhow. Hooked on Italy and trying to get my sister to be the same!! Won't take much I tell you.

I might change my dates slightly and see if the prices will come down.

Anyway we will be coming as my sister has so far only been to Venice, and I want her to experience other parts including then Lakes.

Thank you for your help.

S1

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good 3* Hotel near Station Central

Just checked Hotel Berna . Price for 1 night £183. Don't know how this translates into Euros but I would think around E160 per night.

S1.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan
Level Contributor
1,995 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good 3* Hotel near Station Central

I used this one in the past tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187849-d232920…

If I remember right, the hotel has both windows facing the street (that's not so noisy) and in the back.

check the reviews as my experience could be postdated :)

regards..

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good 3* Hotel near Station Central

Thank you, I will check it out.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good 3* Hotel near Station Central

You're right the hotels are very expensive for that date, I checked out the Flora and Cristallo that are usually under 100Euros and they're around 150Euros, there's 2 important trade fairs on from the 15th so that's probably the reason, if you can chabge your dates you'll probably get something cheaper.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good 3* Hotel near Station Central

Chrella...Thank you. Do you happen to know how long the Trade Fairs are on for.

I will look at other flight dates once I have info on the Fairs.

Thanks again.

S1.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good 3* Hotel near Station Central

September is quite a busy month for the trade fare, theres a household and costume jewellery exhibition on from the 12th until the 15th and a footwear and leatherwear fair from the 15th until the 18th, from the 18th until the 21st there's nothing then the pret a porter fashion shows start. This doesn't mean that all the fairs are big and the hotels will be full but most hotels will hike the prices up until nearer the time so I would book a room with a cancellation policy then keep checking back until the prices come down. www.booking .com is a good 3rd party booking website as you pay the hotel when you get there and they usually have good cancellation policies.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good 3* Hotel near Station Central

That's great, thanks for the tips/info.

I recently used booking.com for a trip to Nice, so I will look at their hotels.

Strangely enough it was 18th to 21st I had been looking at and still looking at flights so no hurry.

S1.