We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to Milan. a few questions

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
First trip to Milan. a few questions

Hi,

My wife and I are travelling to Milan for her 30th in august. We arrive late afternoon on a Friday and leave Monday morning and we are staying at the hotel Sanpi.

I've read some reviews on here and the hotel looks good, we are flying into linate airport and I would rather avoid car hire if possible. From what I have read online public transport in Italy is pretty good, but can anyone tell me if it will be easy to get from Linate to the hotel?

We are also on a budget! I have read that Milan is quite expensive, neither of us are big on shopping so our stay will mainly just be sightseeing (the duomo etc), can anyone advise on how expensive it is to eat in Milan? We won't be looking for anything fancy but would like to have good local food in the evenings somewhere quiet, and a few drinks etc. can anyone recommend anywhere (and possibly give an idea on prices?)

Finally (I think) plugs! We are travelling from the uk, will the standard 2 pin adapters work in Italy? Just need to keep things like phones charged overnight at the hotel.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,635 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip to Milan. a few questions

Linate is quite close to Milan so a taxi won't be too expensive, or there is a local bus service or an airport bus to the main station.

The city is well served by metro, tram and bus and you can buy a day ticket.

Standard 2 pin sockets but you need an adaptor with quite small pins as some adaptors for Germany won't fit in to all the sockets.

Not found eating out to be terribly expensive if you stay away from high end restaurants.

Edited: 03 May 2013, 21:39
Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip to Milan. a few questions

Excellent. Thanks for the info

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,377 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip to Milan. a few questions

Look up TripAdvisor's travel guide pages for all sorts of info on the city - start by clicking on the 'Top Questions' (upper right corner of this page!).

4. Re: First trip to Milan. a few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 06:17