We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking "Last Supper" Tickets

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
599 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Booking "Last Supper" Tickets

This is a report of our experience this morning, for the benefit of future inquirers:

We had no difficulty booking by telephone from the US, at (01) 39 02 9280 0360. The initial recorded greeting is in Italian, followed immediately by a prompt in English to press "2" for service in English and other languages. The time on hold was less than 5 minutes. The order-taker was fluent in almost-unaccented English. For our selected date in mid-September, there were many open slots throughout the day -- even though the ostensibly official Website for on-line purchase (www.vivaticket.it) showed no September availability whatsoever except for a few days during the first week. When we asked for a 10:00 a.m. slot, the order-taker volunteered that an English-language guided tour was available at 9:30 a.m. for an additional E3.50 (on top of the basic E.6.50 plus E1.50 booking fee). Email confirmation in both Italian and English arrived within seconds of completing the transaction. The whole experience was quick, efficient, and hassle-free.

Milan Private Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Itinerartis
Sightseeing Tours
Veloleo
Sightseeing Tours
Milano by Run
Running Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Glasgow, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking "Last Supper" Tickets

Thank you, that's very helpful! I'm also going in mid-September so I'll give them a phone tomorrow about tickets. :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking "Last Supper" Tickets

We are heading to Milan in August and I was just about to post a query about this. Thanks so much for the information!

NY
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking "Last Supper" Tickets

This is exactly how I did it last fall based on T/A'ers advice, and the email arrived before I hung up the phone

There were reports, seemed mainly from Australia, that the number did not work, but good to see this update.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
599 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking "Last Supper" Tickets

I should add this to my original post, for the benefit of anyone who encounters more difficulty than I did:

I wound up needing to make an additional booking, and getting through to the call center was not quite so easy the second time. On a couple of tries, I got only a recording of some international (Spanish, I think) operator apparently saying that the call didn't go through or that all circuits were busy or whatever. On several more tries, I got through all right, hit the English prompt, got the English recording, but after only a couple of minutes on hold got another recording (in Italian) seemingly to the effect that no one was available at the moment and to try again later. Finally, after quite a few tries, the same nice English-speaking signorina came on the line and we competed the business in short order. In other words, if you don't succeed at first, just keep trying (current call center hours are now said to be 8:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m., Italy time).

By the way, the English-language guided visits (for an additional E3.50) are at 9:30 and 3:30 daily.

To those who may ask, "Why bother, just do it on-line," I respectfully point out that the call center continues to have lots of availability for dates that the vivaticket.it Website shows no availability. (This is surprising, as the email confirmations of phone orders indicate that they come from the same outfit that handles the on-line sales, i.e., vivaticket.)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,035 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking "Last Supper" Tickets

I also had planned to order on-line last month for a visit on Sunday, September 29, but the website showed no availablity that day. When I called, I had my choice of times and the entire call took less than five minutes followed by immediate email confirmation.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
70 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking "Last Supper" Tickets

I just went back to www.vivaticket.it and booked the Last Supper tickets for the date that was not available last week. The only catch was I had to pay extra fee because the time that the tickets were available is a guided tour.... overall, 23 Euros for 2 tickets. I like it!

Now, If I can get lucky with the train tickets too... last week trainitalia,com just didn't want to work for me.

7. Re: Booking "Last Supper" Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 07:18