We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to tour La Scala without booking a special tour?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
70 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
How to tour La Scala without booking a special tour?

We want to tour inside La Scala but don't want to spend $$ on tour groups.

Is this possible to do on our own?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,133 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to tour La Scala without booking a special tour?

I assume you have already inquired about the tours given by La Scala itself?

teatroallascala.org/en/…visit.html

I'm not sure what the price is as I just paid to visit the museum (which is wonderful) and wound up having an unexpected treat of being invited to watch a rehearsal from one of the private boxes - that was not part of my ticket, just a gesture from someone who generously offered me the opportunity to listen from the box - it was like having the entire theater to myself - for quite a long time too. Would never expect it to happen again.

I think you may get a chance to see the inside of the theater for a bit - I think it depends on just how detailed a tour you want. Would you be satisfied with visiting the museum?

NY
Level Contributor
3,622 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to tour La Scala without booking a special tour?

I am not a serious opera fan, but the next time i am in Milan I will try to see an opera after getting a glimpse into La Scala.

If you get a ticket to visit the museum you can usually take a peek in via one of the boxes for a few minutes if there is no rehearsal or performance going on. The best time might as soon as it opens in the morning, but again that is nothing like actually seeing an opera or other performance.

Another opera house where you can get a wonderful tour is the Venice Opera house

3. Re: How to tour La Scala without booking a special tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 06:20