We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro in Milan?

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
510 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Metro in Milan?

I have a question regarding Milan. I will travel from Centrale to Duomo for a couple of hours. Then I would like to travel from Duomo station to Centrale to pick up my luggage. Then I will travel to Garibaldi station to catch a train to Turin. Anyone know how much ticket should I purchase? Is that one ticket per trip? or I can use the same ticket to transfer. How much is the metro ticket?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metro in Milan?

The single tickets cost €1.50 and the all day ticket costs €4.50 so as you need 3 tickets you can buy either as the cost will be the same.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
510 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Metro in Milan?

Each ticket is valid for 90 mins? When I pick up the suitcase, it won't take long. So I may need to buy two tickets?

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
1,680 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Metro in Milan?

Each ticket is valid for 90 mins, but it's valid for a single journey on the underground , so if you intend to chatch the metro more then once, you must buy two or more tickets

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
10,954 posts
481 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Metro in Milan?

You could take the tramway, line 1, from the Duomo (Via Tommaso Grossi) to the stop Caiazzo, close to the Centrale station. You'll be without luggage and you can walk from/to the tramway stops without problems. And after you have picked up the luggage, the ticket will be still valid for one metro journey. So you'll make all your trip with two tickets.

Notice also that avoiding to go underground you can take advantage to have a look of Milan beyond the Duomo, for instance of the Scala theatre or of the elegant Via Manzoni; and that the line 1 is served by old-style tramways which are very typical for Milan and the journey may be itself an experience.

5. Re: Metro in Milan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 06:20