We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Level Contributor
20 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Malpensa Express Ticket and Time Question.

Hi,

There are three of us travelling into Malpensa 12th Oct and out on 20th. On our inward journey we wish to travel from the airport to Milano Bovisa station but on the return journey 8 days later we wish to travel from Milano Cadorna to the airport.

I have some quick questions and would be grateful for assistance:

1: malpensaexpress.it/en/…ticket-fares.aspx shows a 6 ticket book @ €55 which would be both ideal and would save €11 (compared to 6 x €11) but Bovisa is not listed. Can we buy the book and get off at Bovisa using the 3 remaining tickets to return from Cadorna and is this book available from a machine or only from the ticket counter?

2. Is there the facility at either Malpensa or at Bovisa station to buy the one day travel ticket at €4.50 each and, again, can we buy this from a machine or only from a counter?

3: Our return flight departs Malpensa Terminal 2 at 1105 - bearing in mind we need to use the shuttle bus from T1 to T2, would you advise the 0758-0834 train or is using the Cadorno 0828-0904 Airport train less of a gamble than I might think? We will have used the electronic check in and will have our boarding passes but will require to check in our luggage.

Any help is appreciated and thanks for such a helpful and informative forum.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,377 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malpensa Express Ticket and Time Question.

The 'book of 6 ticket' can't be used by more than one passenger traveling on the same train - this is specified on the Italian website only, unfortunately,

If you fly in and out of Malpensa's T2, I would recommend you use buses, as the transfer between terminals is a hassle.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malpensa Express Ticket and Time Question.

1. As already advised, you can't use the carnet like this anyway. So if you choose to take the train (run by FNM, not FS/Trenitalia), you will pay 3 x €11 for MXP-Cadorna and the same from Milano Nord Bovisa to MXP - from malpensaexpress.it/en/…timetable.aspx

2. If you are referring to the €4.50 day pass on the Milan public transport system, ATM (cf. http://www.atm-mi.it/en/ViaggiaConNoi/Biglietti/Pages/Biglietti%20Urbani.aspx), you can't buy this card at Malpensa (which is outside the Milan urban area in which it is valid), but you can buy it at Cadorna metro station.

See tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187849-i143-k6628…

Level Contributor
20 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malpensa Express Ticket and Time Question.

Thanks - pity about the ticket booklet but no worries.

Yes, was referring to ATM card but would be looking to buy at Bovisa. Is it available at the station or is there a booth or a shop nearby that sells it?

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,377 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malpensa Express Ticket and Time Question.

You should be able to buy it at most newsstands, as well as at all metro stops (this latter option isn't available at Bovisa of course as there is no connection to the metro there).

Level Contributor
20 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malpensa Express Ticket and Time Question.

Thanks for your help - very useful. Will investigate a bus from Milan City Centre to T2 for the way back but, incoming, I think the train to Bovisa is our easiest option after arrival.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malpensa Express Ticket and Time Question.

You might take the train from Malpensa to Cadorna and then go back to Bovisa with another train, it's just one or two stops and if I'm not wrong most trains going to Varese, Como or Novara stops there as well.

You could check on the Trenord website

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,377 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malpensa Express Ticket and Time Question.

#6 - FYI many Malpensa express trains stop at Bovisa - no need to backtrack.

Level Contributor
20 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malpensa Express Ticket and Time Question.

Thanks for that - I was certain we could get a train from MXP that stopped at Bovisa. It would seem illogical to go any other route.

9. Re: Malpensa Express Ticket and Time Question.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 06:20