We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with itinerary from Milan to Pisa

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with itinerary from Milan to Pisa

Hello fellow travelers, please give me some guidance on a train itinerary. I will be flying in from Belgium to Milan and out of Pisa back to Belgium in early December. I have about ten days. I was thinking of this route: milan--genoa--bologna--florence--pisa.

I suppose I would spend the most days in Florence, but do you think that is a good itinerary or are there other cities you would suggest instead? And what would be the best way for me to book the train portions?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,942 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with itinerary from Milan to Pisa

The itinerary you give is poor - it doesn't fit the pattern of the train lines.

From Milan to Pisa there are two routes. The fastest is by high-speed train from Milano Centrale to Firenze S. M Novella (passing through Bologna Centrale on the way), then changing trains onto a Regional train to Pisa Centrale.

There are also direct trains on the slower line from Milano Centrale to Pisa Centrale which pass through Genoa (Genova Piazza Principe and Genova Brignole) on the way.

For train times see www.trenitalia.com clicking the UK flag first for English and entering your 'hour' of departure e.g. enter '13' for 13.00. Cheapest fares on trains with reserved seats are available soon after bookings open four months in advance. The Regional trains have no reserved seats and no advance reductions.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with itinerary from Milan to Pisa

Pisa airport is on a direct train from Florence. If you only have 10 days, why not see Milan (2 days), Bologna (3 days) and Florence (5 days - could do day trip to Pisa city)?

3. Re: Need help with itinerary from Milan to Pisa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 06:17