We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good area to stay

New York
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Good area to stay

Hi,

I will be coming to Milan in September for one night. I will be arriving via train from Florence with elderly relatives.

We are leaving the next morning for the airport, I plan on taking a car to the airport.

While in Milan I want to see the Duomo and the Last Supper.

Can someone please suggest the best area to stay? I don't mind taking taxi's while in Milan. I just want to make it as simple as possible.

Also, any suggestions for hotels in the $200-$300 per night price range would be great.

Thanks!

Edited: 06 February 2014, 12:34
Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good area to stay

The Brera area will be your best bet, you should be able to get something for that price

New York
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good area to stay

Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good area to stay

HI, I've looked under the area's listed under hotels.

Centro Storico,

Magenta,

Porta Ticinese and Porta Venezia,

Which of these areas is Brera in?

Thanks!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good area to stay

Hi, Centro storico is the Duomo area so if you've found somewhere there within budget then it would be a good option although sometimes websites use the term Centro storico very loosely so get info on the hotel and area before you book.

New York
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good area to stay

Thanks again

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,789 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good area to stay

Using Booking.com or Hotels.com, to see hotels' locations on a map, Brera is north of the Duomo area but only about one-third of the distance to the Milano Centrale train station.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good area to stay

centro storico

Milano
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good area to stay

Brera is a quartier in the old center (centro storico), there are some hotels there like for example tripadvisor.it/Hotel_Review-g187849-d204472-… or very close to Brera also this one tripadvisor.it/Hotel_Review-g187849-d229103-…

Brera is more or less in-between Duomo and Last Supper, if you will use cabs you may also stay in other areas of the center tat is quiet small.

Close to Leonardo's fresco do not miss this place tripadvisor.it/Attraction_Review-g187849-d59…

Edited: 13 February 2014, 16:10
9. Re: Good area to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 05:19