We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help.Love Nice Furniture but you are ruining all our plans!!

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Help.Love Nice Furniture but you are ruining all our plans!!

Hello we have one night in Milan.

Travelling from Varenna planning overnight in Milan and then out of Milpensa airport on following day for flight to Paris.

My problem is the accommodation is so expensive apparently due to some rather important furniture show.

SO I am trying to find accommodation, we will be travelling by train so I was hoping for a location near a train station that we could arrive early morning from Varenna (hopefully direct train) drop off our bags, head straight into Milan via direct train for several hours then back to Hotel on the Train. And then in the morning easy train or access to the airport. Am I asking too much???

T

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,672 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help.Love Nice Furniture but you are ruining all our plans!!

Have you tried looking on www.airbnb.com? You might find something there.

Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help.Love Nice Furniture but you are ruining all our plans!!

thanks for your reply, yes I have tried a lot of the websites for actual accommodation but I am actually after some information on what area to start looking at that meets our above needs, then I can narrow down my search on the likes of airbnb, venere, bookings etc, etc

T

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,496 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help.Love Nice Furniture but you are ruining all our plans!!

"so expensive" , but you did not indicate what month this fair is going to be that is affecting hotel prices.

Have a look at this one, we could not fault the location (about 4 minutes from Milano Centrale station), nor the service

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g187849-d229…

canada
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help.Love Nice Furniture but you are ruining all our plans!!

Yes this is a huge show. Your problem is because you want a few hours in Milan that day.

One solution is to have your hotel night at Malpensa near the airport; or other towns (e.g. Saronno) around. Saroono is linked to Como Nord Lago station (where your ferry from Varenna berths), Malpensa airport and very frequent trains into various stations in Milan.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help.Love Nice Furniture but you are ruining all our plans!!

The furniture fair is one of the most important so prices are sky high and people attending the fair stay in places outside Milan because they can't find accommodation in the city, the hotels near Malpensa also up the prices and are usually all full so I think your best bet is to do a day trip to Milan and stay in Varenna an extra night

6. Re: Help.Love Nice Furniture but you are ruining all our plans!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 05:19