We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any buses from Milano Lampugnano to Como?

Belgrade, Serbia
4 posts
Save Topic
Any buses from Milano Lampugnano to Como?

Are there any buses running at regular daily intervals from Milano Lampugnano to Como St Giovanni?

Thank you in advance!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,239 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any buses from Milano Lampugnano to Como?

No. Take the metro to Porta Garibaldi (changing at Cadorna) then a train. Or if you simply want to go to Como and it doesn't have to be S. Giovanni, take the metro to Cadorna then a train to Como Lago.

Belgrade, Serbia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any buses from Milano Lampugnano to Como?

It'd better be San Giovanni, close to my hotel :) But, thank you very much! Considering the fact that I will be coming back from my ski trip and will have all "four hands" busy with the stuff, what worries me is buying the metro ticket in the middle of a crowd - in Italian? What is the procedure, lest I get lost in it. Thanks!

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,151 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any buses from Milano Lampugnano to Como?

Buying the metro ticket isn't a problem - there are multilingual vending machines that even take credit cards.

Note that large pieces of luggage and skis will require one ticket each (on top of yours).

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any buses from Milano Lampugnano to Como?

Not at regular daily intervals, but just in case by any chance (!) you arrive on a Saturday before 08:00: www.chiruzzi.it/it/linee_statali.asp?id=12

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,151 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any buses from Milano Lampugnano to Como?

#4 - those long distance buses are not - as a rule - licensed to take passengers for short distances.

Belgrade, Serbia
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any buses from Milano Lampugnano to Como?

Thanks! I suppose it would be wiser to take a cab? I've read someplace that a cab between Lampugnano and Central Station is about 11 EUR. (OK, I need to go to Porta Garibaldi).

Belgrade, Serbia
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Any buses from Milano Lampugnano to Como?

Thank you!

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,151 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any buses from Milano Lampugnano to Como?

Definitely - a cab between Lampugnano and Garibaldi train station might be a wise choice. Note however that rides are metered, therefore it is impossible to know the fare in advance.

9. Re: Any buses from Milano Lampugnano to Como?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 06:19