We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All about Italy!!

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Topic
All about Italy!!

Hello to all fellow travelers!

I've been trying to plan my 10 days vacation to Italy and i'm soo confused with the trains and buses!

I will arrive in Italy to Malpensa airport in Milan around 00:00 o' clock and i don't know if there is train or bus at that time, or even how can i get to the centre of Milan, and i really don't trust taxi drivers. I've searched on the internet but everything seems so confusing and the train schedules are since 2011!

If anyone has traveled in Italy or is Italian please help me! :)

Have a nice day and keep travelling!!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,686 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All about Italy!!

You will be too late for Malpensa Express even if this stops after midnight (malpensaexpress.it/en/…the-service.aspx) but you still have shuttles e.g. this one departs from T1 at 01:20 and T2 at 01:30, arriving at Milano Centrale at 02:10, cost €10: malpensashuttle.it/carico/documenti/milano_c… - this IS current timetable even if the website (malpensashuttle.it/web2011/percorsiorari.php) has 2011 in it. The same is probably true of whatever website you are looking at for trains. Can't help you on that as I don't know what you are looking up, but normally you need www.trenitalia.com

Or you could always stay overnight at the Holiday Inn Express at the airport, and set off to wherever it is you are trying to get to the next day.

Edited: 21 February 2014, 14:26
Orkanger, Norway
Level Contributor
567 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: All about Italy!!

You dont trust taxi drivers ???

Well, you are talking about Milan right ? Fifth largest city in Europe that is :-)

I wouldnt heisitata a moment in grabbing a taxi at airport to drive me safe and sound to my hotel!

As I did in Rome two years ago, nice midleaged man. No fuss, just a nice 45 mins trip to airport, chatting about Italian football.

As I did in Naples this fall, a young one, trying to rip me off, but I talked some sense to him, then he behaved :-)

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: All about Italy!!

Thank you for your reply! You've help me a lot with the buses! And because i'll be travelling in a few cities in Italy i'll the take the trenitalia train for sure.

Have you been in Italy? Do you believe it's best to purchase the so called ''Roma pass'' for public transport, metro and access in museums and monuments?

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: All about Italy!!

Thank you for the answer! I' ll probably take your advice and take a taxi while i'm there!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All about Italy!!

You should ask the question about the Roma Pass on the Rome forum, hopfully you are staying at a hotel in Milan as the central station area isn't a great place to hang around during the night.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
359 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All about Italy!!

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on the night before our flight from Malpensa. It's a clean, airport hotel and shuttle from the airport is only 5 minutes.

You can take the shuttle back to the airport in the morning to catch a train or bus to the city. The bus takes about 50 minutes but only cost 10eu one way. A cab is much more expensive.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All about Italy!!

Just be sure to take an official taxi, they are all white and have a taxi sign on the top. Any driver coming to the arrivals offering to drive you to Milan is not an official taxi driver, they will be outside the airport, just follow the signs.

8. Re: All about Italy!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 05:18