We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Malpensa to Como

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Malpensa to Como

Could someone please advice me how to reach Como from Malpensa airport by train/bus?

Is the train trip direct or is there connections?

Also how much would it cost and how long does it take?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,471 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Malpensa to Como

Take a train from Malpensa towards Milan Cadorna. Get off at Saronna and change to a train for Como Lago. See http://www.trenord.it/EN/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Malpensa to Como

Thank you for your advice. I had a quick look at the website you suggested and also at Trenitalia.

Can I pre purchase tickets for the Malpensa Express? Do I need to make a reservation or are they regionale trains? (as indicated by Trenitalia website)I did a quick search of trenord website and tried to purchase a ticket for this journey but was unable to.

Will I be able to purchase tickets once we get to the train station at Malpensa?

Thanks

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,943 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Malpensa to Como

These trains have no reserved seats. Purchase a ticket to Como Nord Lago at the airport train station, at the ticket office, or from a machine if your card works or if you have cash.

4. Re: Travel from Malpensa to Como

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 07:32