We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay before 10:00 a.m. flight

Atlanta, GA, USA
Level Contributor
412 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay before 10:00 a.m. flight

Hi! My parents and I will be finishing up a trip in Cinque Terre and then flying out of Milan. Our flight out is at 10:00 a.m., so I was trying to figure out where to stay the night before. The airport (Malpensa) is quite a ways away. Is there a particular area that I can look for hotels in that will enable us to quickly and easily get to the airport in the morning? Should we just look near the main train station? Any advice would be great, I'm not really familiar with Milan.

Thank you!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,413 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay before 10:00 a.m. flight

I always choose a hotel by Milano Centrale then take the train to Malpensa, which takes about 45 minutes. You need to be there 3 hours pre-departure time if it is a flight back to the states - not exaggerating; just sometimes it will take less time and you can check out duty free shops, get a coffee but many times the 3 hours is needed.

So, for a 10 a.m. flight - I'd be at Milano Centrale at 6 a.m.

Sorry, can't recommend any of the hotels I've stayed at - all ended up being someplace I wouldn't stay again even if pretty pricey -

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay before 10:00 a.m. flight

In addition to checking for hotels around Milano Centrale, you could also check around Milano Cadorna, where there is also a main rail station. www.booking.com is useful.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
587 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay before 10:00 a.m. flight

We've found this hotel conveniently located. It's in the city-center, close to the Duomo if you arrive early enough the day before to want to walk around town, and also well-situated for taking the train to Malpensa.

http://king.hotelsinmilan.it

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay before 10:00 a.m. flight

I have 6:40 am flight and booked a stay at the "inside the airport" Sheraton MXP

http://www.sheratonmilanmalpensa.com/

I'd do the same if I were you, if hotel rates are similar for a peace of mind (I redeemed mine for 7000 SPG points)

Take the MXP Express the night in before and rest easy

You don't want any delays or issues on the morning of your flight

Edited: 22 March 2014, 03:26
Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay before 10:00 a.m. flight

Hi, I would also stay at the Sheraton at the terminal as the price will be around the same as a hotel in central Milan and you can sleep an hour more.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay before 10:00 a.m. flight

I'm sorry to say I don't agree with my fellow DE Chrella, I'd stay near Cadorna, enjoy a good dinner in central Milan, and then take a Malpensa Express (30 mins) from Cadorna Station. Much more convenient, and you won't end up spending your last night in the middle of nowhere....

NY
Level Contributor
3,632 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay before 10:00 a.m. flight

In case you decide to stay near the airport (your choice) at a reasonable price, a lot of people I know have stayed at the First Hotel down the road, you can find many reviews on T/A

Atlanta, GA, USA
Level Contributor
412 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay before 10:00 a.m. flight

Thanks, guys! I ended up booking the Hotel Salerno near the train station...since we'll be coming in from Cinque Terre it will be close by, then we can catch an early train to the airport. Thanks for your help!

9. Re: Where to stay before 10:00 a.m. flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 04:16