We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying euros?

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Buying euros?

Flying into Milan linate airport soon. I have been reading that the best place to get euros is an ATM at the airport. Is this safe with all the crowds and potential pick picketers?

Thanks!

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying euros?

I meant pick pocketers!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying euros?

The best place to get euros is at any ATM (Bancomat). I would get an initial small amount of say 100-200 if you have not already purchased this amount at home. Regarding pickpockets, just take the normal precautions you would at home around an ATM. If you are traveling with a companion, have them watch over while you use the ATM. Also, once you receive your money, immediately put it in a safe place. There are no more pickpockets in Italy than there are in a big city in the US.

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying euros?

I meant pick pocketers!

Thank you!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying euros?

Yes, I knew what you meant...

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying euros?

If you draw money at 3 in the morning in a desert street then maybe you get pickpocketed, at the airport with all the police etc it's highly unlikely anyone would pickpocket you, take it easy....

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying euros?

I don't mean to sound paranoid; I live near Detroit! A good friend was robbed in the Milan airport so I'm just trying to be careful. I realize that there aren't predators around every corner. Thank you for your comment.

7. Re: Buying euros?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 04:16