We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone dealt with Autostradale?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone dealt with Autostradale?

I bought a couple of their Milano cards online with PayPal. Seemed like a good deal. I wanted to book their 3-hour tour of Milan with guaranteed Last Supper viewing. They directed me to their Duomo office email. They were extremely slow to respond to multiple emails. I finally got their attention when I asked if they were still in business. They said they would take my reservation, but said that I had to do a wire transfer to pay for it. Pricey way to do business! I never received a confirmation or reservation code from them, in spite of verfication from my bank that the wire transfer went through. I have no idea where to pick up our tickets or if we've been scammed.

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Milan Private Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Itinerartis
Sightseeing Tours
Veloleo
Sightseeing Tours
Milano by Run
Running Tours, Sightseeing Tours
FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,731 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone dealt with Autostradale?

The Milano Card is not good value, and this has been discussed in several topics on this forum, as recently as a few days ago. Use the 'searc' function to retrieve them.

As for city tours, you might want to deal with www.zaniviaggi.it instead.

NY
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone dealt with Autostradale?

Re the Last Supper tickets, your question is what do you do now if you cannot get that information from Autostradale. If course you should, but what if you can't ?

I personally would not take any chances if you really want to see the Last Supper, I would cut my losses and call the booking office at 011 39 02 928 00360 during their business hours. (I hope this is still the correct number) They have English operators and can advise what might be available on the day you want, and you can pay by credit card. They also might be able to advise if you have a previous reservation although they may not

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone dealt with Autostradale?

This was the website we booked through.

ecomm.autostradale.it/Default.aspx…

This worked well for us and takes credit cards.

The site even shows the number of vacancies on the selected tour

It may cost more but we enjoyed the small tour that went with it and it was an easy way for us to see the last supper.

These are reviews of the site.

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g187849…

Edited: 30 March 2014, 12:14
NY
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone dealt with Autostradale?

I am not knocking any tours, but the one I see is 65 Euros and you can do all those things for free (except the Last Supper) by walking or inexpensive trams. I also had a small group guide for the Last Supper, who met us inside the entrance to the Last Supper, and I think the entrance and guide in total was well under 20 Euros

by calling that number. Just an alternative, and frequently the booking telephone will have more slots than shown on websites

NY
Level Contributor
3,712 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone dealt with Autostradale?

PS, I know someone will correct me - there is a small entrance charge for La Scala, so small it is almost insignificant esp with a senior discount, but I would not go in there if there is a rehearsal or performance underway as you can only see the museum with old opera stars and costumes etc but maybe that is your thing.

Inside the castle there are some areas with an entrance fee also, but no big deal.

6. Re: Has anyone dealt with Autostradale?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:15