We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verona to Milan to Malpensa

Massachustts
Level Contributor
196 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Verona to Milan to Malpensa

We need to travel from Verona to Milan to fly home from Malpensa . We will need to be at Malpensa by 8:30am. I am thinking of taking a train from Verona to somewhere close to Malpensa to spend our last evening. I am hoping to not stay at an airport hotel but rather stay someplace within a 20-30 minute cab ride to Malpensa. Advice please!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Malpensa Airport
Malpensa Airport
Ferno, Italy
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,936 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verona to Milan to Malpensa

There aren't very attractive sights into 20-30 minute cab ride from Malpensa. At 30 minute ride from Malpensa, but by train, there is Milan. Select an hotel close to "Milano Nord Cadorna" train station: a train to Malpensa every 30 minutes, 29 or 36 minute ride, first ride 5:28--> 5:57:

http://www.malpensaexpress.it/en/

Brun066

Edited: 22 April 2014, 12:58
Mentioned in this post
Malpensa Airport
Malpensa Airport
Ferno, Italy
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Massachustts
Level Contributor
196 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verona to Milan to Malpensa

Thanks so much for this info. Any moderately priced hotels that you can suggest?

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,936 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verona to Milan to Malpensa

Although I currently live in Florence, I still have my family home in Milan, so I never experienced any hotel in Milan. Then the information that I could give you is the same that you can find yourself on any hotel booking website.

I normally use http://book.hotelcomparerate.com/

then I look for a hotel in an urban area that interests me.

I start with an hotel (no matter where is it into the town), then I broaden the map that appears in reference to that hotel, finally I look at the hotels into "my" area.

Applying this method, I see for example the following hotels at walking distance (maximum 500 meters) from the "Milano Nord Cadorna" station, that can be considered:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187849-d2028…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187849-d7780…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187849-d2057…

Brun066

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Massachustts
Level Contributor
196 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Verona to Milan to Malpensa

I am looking at the Best Western Hotel City on Corso Buenos Aires 42/5 and I am told its 2 blocks from Cadorna N station where the Malpensa Express train leaves from but Im not sure this is true. How far a cab ride is it to Cadorna N Station (the hotels near station are pretty expensive). I was also looking at Best Western Atlantic. Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Corso Buenos Aires
Corso Buenos Aires
410 Reviews
Milan, Italy
Malpensa Airport
Malpensa Airport
Ferno, Italy
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Verona to Milan to Malpensa

Hi, if you don't want to stay at an airport hotel then Milan would be your best option, stay either around the Cadorna or Central station, check out this price comparison website to see what's available for your budget.

www.hotelscombined.com

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,936 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Verona to Milan to Malpensa

Sorry Velvet, I read you after some days I was away from my email.

Corso Buenos Aires isn't at all 2 blocks from Cadorna FN Station!

It's few stops far by metro line no 1 to Cadorna station (from "Lima" station, the "Cadorna" station is the seventh stop).

The first metro ride from Lima to Cadorna is at 6:29 on weekdays and saturdays, at 6.28 on public holidays. The ride takes about ten minutes:

http://orari.atm-mi.it/M1_537.pdf

http://orari.atm-mi.it/M1_528.pdf

By taxi, the ride time is also quite short, if on early morning.

An alternative is the "Malpensa Express" branch leaving from "Milano Centrale", but the rides are every hour, not every half an hour, as from "Milano Cadroma"; and the ride time is 52 minutes (or more) instead of 29 / 36 minutes.

First ride 5:25

malpensaexpress.it/en/…timetable.aspx

Brun066

Mentioned in this post
Corso Buenos Aires
Corso Buenos Aires
410 Reviews
Milan, Italy
Malpensa Airport
Malpensa Airport
Ferno, Italy
Milano Centrale
Milano Centrale
2,756 Reviews
Milan, Italy
7. Re: Verona to Milan to Malpensa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 05:15