We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late night aperitivo...

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
182 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Late night aperitivo...

We are a 50 something couple arriving in Milan next Monday night on a flight from Sydney at 20.50 and wonder whether we will be able to find somewhere for a late night aperitivo?

We are staying on via Napo Torriani and dont know how long it will take us to get into Milan from Malpensa but hope to head out from Hotel as soon as we arrive (11pm?)

I have read that bars are open till about 12 - do they still have the buffet then? We probably only want one drink and to soak up the atmosphere and hopefully a snack - or will it be seedy at that time?

Any suggestions of somewhere nice close by - or worth a taxi ride - would be appreciated...

Is it safe to walk around the area we are staying at that hour - or walk to Duomo even?

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,080 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late night aperitivo...

All the 'happy hour' places that I know serve buffet food with drinks between 5-6 and 8-9 at the latest.

It won't be difficult to find an open eatery at that time of night, though. Check reviews here on TA.

Codogno, Italy
Level Contributor
362 posts
394 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late night aperitivo...

Monday is the quitest night in the city but Rinascente roof-restaurants are always open till midnight.

There you can have a late dinner (not aperitivo!) watching the Duomo from a fantastic point of view.

Otherwise try "Arco della Pace" square, there you can find somethnig open (especially bars).

Use the taxi to reache the locations so you will not lose time findinng public transport....

Then you can have godd apertitivi on tuesday :))

All the city is safe, just use the normal precautions like in the other cities.

Only avoid the central Station area at night

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
11,092 posts
497 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late night aperitivo...

For definition, an "aperitivo" opens the night and can't be late at night. As said, look for other way of eating and try your aperitivo next evenings.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
182 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late night aperitivo...

I am sorry to be incorrect in that aspect of an Aperitivo...I was reading about Bars that were open late and stupidly was thinking that the Aperitivo might go as long as they were open - that is the buffet with drinks - especially as Italians I gather eat fairly late.

It seemed from what I was reading that Milan does Aperitivo particularly well and we only have the one night there, so it was a desperate attempt to sample the world of the Aperitivo on arrival.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late night aperitivo...

It will be slightly late for aperitivo, but there are a few trendy bars right along via Vittor Pisani, you can have a stroll there and where you see a crowd of people outside a bar, stop and have a drink. You should be able to also have some food with it, at least in most places they do serve food.

6. Re: Late night aperitivo...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 06:17