We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 days by car from Milan

scotland
Level Contributor
172 posts
335 reviews
Save Topic
14 days by car from Milan

We plan to travel by air to Milan in September and pick up a car. We have 14 nights to spend in North of Italy. I would like to have 3-4 bases from which we can do day trips. We have been to Venice so don't want to go there. We enjoy nice scenery and are happy to drive reasonable distances but don't want to have to move hotels too often.I am particularly interested in mountains and lakes and would like a trip into Switzerland. I would welcome suggestions on good centres to bags ourselves. I haven't been to Milan before so would maybe stay a couple of nights at end of trip. Is that a problem with a car? Would be better just to do a day trip from another base. It is so difficult to choose from so many beautiful places

Thanks

Codogno, Italy
Level Contributor
362 posts
400 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 14 days by car from Milan

Difficult to answer, depends on what your expectations and interests and how many mile are you planning to do.

You can start to set up a preliminary program and and then submit it to the forum.

No problem in Milan with the car, once you park the car you can move by feet or public transport.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 14 days by car from Milan

If you're prepared to drive 4hrs you can go to the Dolomiti, they are a spectacular area and the quality of the hospitality there is just far superior to anywhere else. Places from Cortina to San Candido to Dobbiaco to lago di Carezza are just fantastic, especially in September.

3. Re: 14 days by car from Milan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 06:17