We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 days from Milan to Prague

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
6 days from Milan to Prague

Hello all!

I will be arriving in at MXP on November 20th and will have 6 days to get to Prague to board a flight to Paris on the 26th.

I would love to explore Italy for a few days and spend maybe 1 (2 days max) in Prague. Please help me plan an efficient route to beautiful destinations that won't cost 2 arms and 2 legs!

Thank you!

Level Contributor
1,266 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 days from Milan to Prague

Did you book the flight to Paris from Prague because of cheaper fare or because you want to explore Prague? Because i really see no point in spending just 1 day there, you'll need a flight to reach Prague. So book the floght but let yourself at least 3 days in Prague.

Edited: 05 June 2014, 10:44
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 days from Milan to Prague

It was part of a deal I booked:

NYC > MILAN

PRAGUE > PARIS

PARIS > VIETNAM

I want to hop around and see a bit of everything on my way up to Prague, maybe go from Milan to Venice to Vienna to Prague?

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
4,041 posts
1,710 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 days from Milan to Prague

I suggest to spend one day in Milan, one in Venice, one in Vienna e one in Prague. I'll have just an idea about the cities you 'll see

You could go by train

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,410 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 days from Milan to Prague

In addition to the other suggestions, then you can go from Milan to Venice, then Venice to Munich via the train.

From Munich, then the bus is the best transport to Prague. The bus is operated by the DB Bahn(german train system and is faster than the train). Bus drops you off at Prague train station.

Level Contributor
1,266 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 days from Milan to Prague

It's really annoying to look for another accommodation everyday, always packing and unpacking. Are you sure you want to do it? If you're sure you can enjoy it, go for it.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 days from Milan to Prague

I probably wouldn't want to be in a new city everyday day. But I don't mind packing/unpacking... I will be packing light. My last trip was 3 weeks in Asia and the itinerary was:

LAX > TAIPEI > SAIGON > NHA TRANG > SAIGON > KUALA LUMPUR > SINGAPORE > SAIGON > HANOI > TAIPEI > LAX

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 days from Milan to Prague

A friend mentioned to me earlier today that I could skip Venice and check out the Navigli area of Milan for the romantic canal city feel... what say you, experts?

Level Contributor
1,266 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 days from Milan to Prague

I like Milan and Navigli area is peculiar and attractive but if you're expecting something like Venice prepare for the biggest disappointment of your life :D

Save Reply
9. Re: 6 days from Milan to Prague

Hi! How did it go? Any tips or suggestions?

10. Re: 6 days from Milan to Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2016, 05:16