We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions on my Itinerary welcome!

Tampa, Florida
3 posts
Save Topic
Opinions on my Itinerary welcome!

Hello,

I am a college student from the US traveling in Europe for 3 weeks this August.

I will be flying into and out of Milan. I am backpacking and staying in hostels the whole time. I'm trying to see as much as possible without cutting anything TOO short. I would like your thoughts on itinerary so far... whether it is plausible or not.

Ok, here it goes.

Milan -2 days (8/2 and 8/3)

Cinque Terre -2 days (8/4 and 8/5)

Rome -3 days (8/6 and 8/7 and 8/8)

subtotal (Italy) : 7 days

Fly from Rome to Brussels (stopover) (8/9)

take bus/train to Amsterdam (8/9)

Amsterdam - 3 days (8/10 and 8/11 and 8/12)

Berlin -2 days (8/13 and 8/14)

Prague -2 days (8/15 and 8/16)

Munich -3 days (8/17 and 8/18 and 8/19)

subtotal: 10 days

Back to Milan -1/2 day on 8/20.

Fly back to US Aug 21st from Milan.

I have a total of 19 days actually in Europe.

How does this look?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinions on my Itinerary welcome!

I say youth is great! I'm sure you'll have an interesting adventure, and I hope you meet and make many friends! Molto Bene....

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinions on my Itinerary welcome!

The itinerary looks ok to me, I wouldn't change anything.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opinions on my Itinerary welcome!

Tight but as you're on your own, definitely doable. I imagine you chose the cities based on your taste or previous trips, if this is your first trip to Europe I'd rather put London, Paris and Barcelona on the map instead than Prague/Berlin/Munich. For Italy I'd probably take away Cinque Terre and rather put Firenze, but again, your call....

ciao

Cla

Tampa, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Opinions on my Itinerary welcome!

Thanks for your input!

I have been to London, Paris, Brussels, Brugge and Provence before. So this time I am trying something a little different. Cinque Terre is a must for me - I love the beach and am very interested in seeing those towns. I know Firenze is also very interesting, but I'm saving that for another trip. I definitely plan on going to Europe again in the future.

:-)

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opinions on my Itinerary welcome!

Ok, in that case it's fine. Just one more thing, since you're flying there, if I were you I would consider 1 night in Brussels, it's a nice city and it's easy to visit in 1 day, and food is much better than in Ams :-)

6. Re: Opinions on my Itinerary welcome!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 05:16