We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan - Flying into Malpensa vs. Linate Airport

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Advance,NC
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Milan - Flying into Malpensa vs. Linate Airport

I've noticed that tickets are quite a bit cheaper flying into Linate Airport. Is there a downside to using this airport or advantages to using Malpensa?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan - Flying into Malpensa vs. Linate Airport

No, I don't think there's a down side to flying into Linate as it's closer to Central Milan and is smaller than Malpensa and would be my choice over Malpensa.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milan - Flying into Malpensa vs. Linate Airport

Far better Linate than Malpensa, unless you need to take a connection from Malpensa, in which case the 2 airports are a bit far apart.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milan - Flying into Malpensa vs. Linate Airport

If you are flying into Milan and not having to take a connecting flight out of Malpensa to another town or city, I will fly into Linate. Although it is smaller than Malpensa, it is much closer to Milan.

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milan - Flying into Malpensa vs. Linate Airport

If you intend to drive away from the airport, towards the east or South, Venice balogna, Florence, Tuscany, Rome, etc, then Linate will be far more convenient - probably save you an hour.

5. Re: Milan - Flying into Malpensa vs. Linate Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:17