We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30 minutes transit time in Milan central

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
30 minutes transit time in Milan central

Hi,

i would like to know is 30 minutes enough to change trains in Milan ??

i am going to travel in Milan central from Venice and need to change train to Zurich in 30 minutes. btw i need to collect my tickets from the machine for the Zurich train as trenitalia site did not gave electronic tickets for this euro city train and asked me to print them from the machine.

one more question! can i print these tickets from any station in Italy?

or i must do it in Milan central only ?

thanks for replies :)

Ravi

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,821 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 30 minutes transit time in Milan central

Thirty minutes is far more time than is needed to change trains at any station. It would take no more than 10 minutes, even at a station as large as Milano Centrale.

You should be able to print the tickets from a machine at any major train station.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,450 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 30 minutes transit time in Milan central

Fifteen minutes is required to change trains in Milan. Any less, and you cannot get a free transfer of your booking to a later train, if you miss your connection due to a late-arriving train.

CA
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 30 minutes transit time in Milan central

Any mishaps regarding ticket purchases, inform a conductor immediately that you wish to buy tickets on board.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 30 minutes transit time in Milan central

30 mins is plenty. You can print tickets at the Milan station. Beware of the people who offers to help you!!! They have no good intentions. A couple of people tried to force their assistance on us. But as soon as the police officers arrived, they left immediately. There are people standing around looking for tourists. I believe these people will demand a payment from you if they succeed in helping you with tickets. If you need help, go to an official worker or the information help desk.

5. Re: 30 minutes transit time in Milan central

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 05:15