We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchanging money

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Exchanging money

Where is the best place to exchange money in Milan? I've been told banks, but I went into one today and they told me they only exchange money for their own customers.

Thanks!

Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour...
1,197 reviews
from US$161.40*
Lake Como Day Tour, Bellagio or...
1,449 reviews
from US$98.90*
Skip the Line: Small-Group Milan...
1,118 reviews
from US$93.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Milan Half-Day Sightseeing Tour
3,789 reviews
from US$86.30*
NY
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchanging money

You mean US dollars cash?

There has been some advice it can be done in post office, others can confirm if that is still possible

Other than trying other banks, your only option may be money exchanges you will see along streets or in airports, but it will cost a lot in poor exchange rate and fees.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,527 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchanging money

Indeed these days many banks no longer buy and sell foreign currencies. The post office is a good option, but do visit one of the large ones, e.g. the one on Cordusio.

3. Re: Exchanging money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 05:16