We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malpensa Airport Train Station-Trenitalia Tickets

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Malpensa Airport Train Station-Trenitalia Tickets

I know I can purchase Milano Express tickets at the the Malpensa airport station. No need to cover that topic again,

My questions:

Can I purchase Trenitalia tickets there also? For instance, a ticket from Milano Centrale to Florence.

What are the purchase points? Humans are machines?

Thank you for your kind help.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
64,232 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malpensa Airport Train Station-Trenitalia Tickets

I seem to recall that there were machines and human beings. We were only going to Milan, so I can't help with the other part of your question, sorry.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malpensa Airport Train Station-Trenitalia Tickets

You can buy tickets to any station in Italy, either from a ticket counter or from a machine that will work in English.

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malpensa Airport Train Station-Trenitalia Tickets

Sydney,

Are you saying they will take an American chipped card? I ask because I have had no success in using my American chipped card in any other Italy automated kiosk.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malpensa Airport Train Station-Trenitalia Tickets

They should work with a chip-and-PIN card, but not chip-and-sign. They accept notes and coins, and will give change.

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malpensa Airport Train Station-Trenitalia Tickets

Hi Sydney. It should work, but it doesn't. I have a MC "Global Traveler" card from Citibank. It is chipped but will not work on Trenitalia ticket kiosks. Have been through it many times with Citibank.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
4,875 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malpensa Airport Train Station-Trenitalia Tickets

As i said in another of your threads, the problem must be with your card and not with the ticket vending machines. I have used my UK chip and pin card for years with no problem whatsoever.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,671 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malpensa Airport Train Station-Trenitalia Tickets

American Chip and Signature card will not work, it is the fault of the American banking system. They just won't tell the customers the issues

cardhub.com/edu/…

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malpensa Airport Train Station-Trenitalia Tickets

How many times do I need to tell you? American bank issued cards DON'T WORK. What is it that you don't understand?

9. Re: Malpensa Airport Train Station-Trenitalia Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 22:35
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malpensa Airport Train Station-Trenitalia Tickets

American-issued chip-and-PIN cards should work. However, most of the chipped cards currently available in the USA are chip-and-sign, and they do not work.