We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to buy group tickets from Trenitalia?

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Umea, Sweden
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
how to buy group tickets from Trenitalia?

We're group of people (12 adults + 5 children) who're going from Milan to Genoa and I've found on Trenitalia homepage an info that : "Groups are reserved a special offer on all trains and destinations, and for short-medium and long-distance journeys. On our trains within Italy groups of at least 10 paying persons are entitled to reductions."

One little problem - I can't find where I can buy those tickets :)

Has anyone else tried to buy group tickets? Any suggestions?

Turin
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: how to buy group tickets from Trenitalia?

I may be wrong, but I think you can't do that on line. You should call an italian phone number +39 06 6000 or go to one of these Trenitalia's office: http://goo.gl/QkF0JL

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,497 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how to buy group tickets from Trenitalia?

Note also that higher discounts are available by booking in advance online. Booking opens 120 days in advance on wwww.trenitalia.com (click the UK flag for English and enter your 'hour' of departure e.g. enter '13' for 13.00), and €9 tickets (less than half-price) are usually available on the direct Intercity trains from Milano Centrale to Genova Piazza Principe (or Brignole) for a long time after booking opens.

To get this fare, if still available for your date, you must book your party in groups of five or less as the website will not accept greater numbers. Click the 'Seat nearby' button to seat successive bookings next to the first group. You may of course use up the remaining allocation of cheap fares somewhere in the middle of your booking of 17 people.

3. Re: how to buy group tickets from Trenitalia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 06:17