We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malpensa airport to Stresa

Dubai
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Malpensa airport to Stresa

Hi

I am arriving Malpensa airport at 7.45 am and I need to go to Stresa, there is one train at 8.46 am from Malpensa airport (with one change at Busto Arsizio) and after that at 10.19 am. Can someone who has experience at Milan airport please advise if it is realistic to pass immigration, customs, collect baggage, get train tickets and board train within 1 hour ? If I miss the 8.46 am train than I will be reaching Stresa at 12.20 pm instead of 10.37 am.

Regards

Malik

Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour...
1,196 reviews
from US$163.80*
Lake Como Day Tour, Bellagio or...
1,448 reviews
from US$100.30*
Skip the Line: Small-Group Milan...
1,114 reviews
from US$95.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Milan Half-Day Sightseeing Tour
3,790 reviews
from US$87.60*
FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,514 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malpensa airport to Stresa

Assuming you are coming from outside the Schengen area, I would say making that 8.46 train is next to impossible. Relax, have breakfast, browse a couple of shops, and take the next train.

BTW, you have probably found out already that the direct ALI bus has an even worse timetable (dep. 8.40 and 11.40)..

2. Re: Malpensa airport to Stresa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 06:16