We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is travel by train from Milan to Venice - need early booking

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Is travel by train from Milan to Venice - need early booking

do i need to book early to travel from Milan to Venice, 2nd class ticket on Friday 10 am, what is the price? from Milan central station? is their is difference in booking 1 way or two way?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is travel by train from Milan to Venice - need early booking

Check the schedule and price from this link. If you mean this Friday then you will not necessarily save money by pre-purchasing online. Use station names Milano Centrale and Venezia S. Lucia

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is travel by train from Milan to Venice - need early booking

thank you it is 22 Aug, even price gone up to 37.50/person, we are for 5 persons

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
47,900 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is travel by train from Milan to Venice - need early booking

Generally speaking, the earlier you book the more chance there is of getting the cheapest fares. As the cheapest price tiers sell out, the price will rise. With just a week to go, it's likely that the cheapest prices will have gone by now.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is travel by train from Milan to Venice - need early booking

thanks a lot for reply, i understand that i have to book with current price before it will go up more

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is travel by train from Milan to Venice - need early booking

I just saw 19 euro per person ticket for 12:35 in the afternoon fast train Frecciabianca, travel from Milan to Venice on August 22. If you can buy it do so quickly it is a very good deal.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is travel by train from Milan to Venice - need early booking

thank you it is only for one seat we are 5, i have booked return on 30 Aug @ E 19, the time 12.35 is the best for me, the price is E 37 available for 5.

7. Re: Is travel by train from Milan to Venice - need early booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 06:16