We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to check train fare from Milan to Rome ?

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
How to check train fare from Milan to Rome ?

Upon arriving milan, I need to catch a train to Rome. Just want to check the BASE STANDARD fare is the ticket I need ? Also if I did not purchase in advance from the website, the price will be the same when purchase from train ticket office ?

Are there any luggage space on train ? I have 2 large luggages, not hugh.

Thanks for help in advance. KL

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,821 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to check train fare from Milan to Rome ?

The Base fare is the full price, and is the same whenever or wherever you buy it. If you buy in advance, you may be able to get discounted Economy or Super Economy tickets which, like advance purchase airline tickets, get you the same seat at a cheaper price.

There is a luggage rack above the seats for small items, and a storage area at the end of the car for large luggage. However, for train travel, it is essential that you do not have more luggage than you can *comfortably* handle by yourself. There are no railway staff to help you at the stations, there may be stairs to the platforms, and there are always a few steep steps up into the train.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to check train fare from Milan to Rome ?

Thanks for the information. One reason I ask the question being Italy seems to be more famous on people stealing things from train station, not sure about the train itself, and I just not sure if it is alright to leave luggage out of sight.

3. Re: How to check train fare from Milan to Rome ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 06:16