We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pinoteca di Brera

forest hills ny
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pinoteca di Brera

How long is the line in mid-August to by a ticket the day of? Would you recommend buying ahead?

Level Contributor
1,327 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pinoteca di Brera

I went in may and no queue at all. I don't think you'll need to book but I've never been in august. It's anyway not a massive tourist spot (strangely because It's an outstanding collection).

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8,555 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pinoteca di Brera

It's been a while since I've been there, but it never even occurred to me to book in advance and there was no line and not many other people (I was also there in May). It's a wonderful collection in a very interesting neighborhood. Shhhh .. let everyone else get tied up in knots over seeing The Last Supper.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
31,705 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pinoteca di Brera

Never been a line on my visits. Even less likely in mid-August, as most visitors are Italian and Milan is empty in then - the congestion charge zone doesn't even operate, and you can park anywhere with ease. Everyone is on the beach somewhere else.

The Last Supper is great - it keeps all the foreigners away from the Brera which is far more interesting.

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Brera Apartments
Brera Apartments
207 Reviews
Milan, Italy
4. Re: Pinoteca di Brera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 06:16