We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel in Pavia convenient for university and collegio ghisli

London
Level Contributor
211 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
hotel in Pavia convenient for university and collegio ghisli

Can anyone suggest a nice hotel in Pavia which would be convenient for both town centre and the University and Collegio Ghislieri. I am travelling with my daughter in September from the UK and want to stay a few days to settle her in to the college etc

McKees Rocks, PA
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel in Pavia convenient for university and collegio ghisli

I can highly recommend the Hotel Rosengarten. The owners are wonderful and the hotel clean and very comfortable.

It is not too close to the university buty Pavia is not all that big. The hotel is not far from the bus line and I am sure you can take a bus to wherever you want to go.

McKees Rocks, PA
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel in Pavia convenient for university and collegio ghisli

You might also try calling or stopping by the tourist office. Last time I was there, they were extremely helpful. They might be able to find a B&B right near the university..

It is up the street about a block from the train station.

I.A.T. (Ufficio Informazioni e di Accoglienza Turistica)

Address: PIAZZA PETRARCA,4 - 27100 PAVIA (PV)

Telephone: (+) 39 - 0382597001-0382597002 : 0382597011

London
Level Contributor
211 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel in Pavia convenient for university and collegio ghisli

Thank you very much for your speedy reply. I'll check out that hotel. How long would you say it would take to walk to the universityf rom that hotel roughly??

McKees Rocks, PA
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel in Pavia convenient for university and collegio ghisli

It is a long walk from Rosengarten, Rosengarten is at the very edge of one end of town and the University is at the other. If I remember correctly where the University is located. Please note that it has been a few years since I have been there. I would say a 30-40 minute walk.

The bus stops right near Rosengarten.

But I would call the tourist office. They may have a better suggestion.

Or you could always stay at the Rosengarten the first night and if it is too far, stop by the office and inquire about a closer place to stay.

They are very nice. When I was there, I had one lady that spoke perfect English and another time a man spoke no English at all but with my poor Italian, he was able to help me.

There are not all that many hotels in Pavia. Maybe 3 if I remember correctly but there are a number of B & Bs.

London
Level Contributor
211 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel in Pavia convenient for university and collegio ghisli

Great thanks for your help again

Joan

Siziano, Italy
Level Contributor
35 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel in Pavia convenient for university and collegio ghisli

I agree with the previous posting. Hotel Rosengarten is a consistent good 3 stars hotel. Consider that Pavia is a small town. The hotel is not in the pedestrian area but it will take you not more than 15-20 minutes to walk to the university and just 10 minutes from the centre. The hotel is next to the hospital, very close to the train station and in front of the Linate airport shuttle stop. Therefore, if you will flight to Milan Linate (strongly suggested), you can take a shuttle bus straight to the hotel (about 1hour trip).

If you want something more classy, you can try the Hotel Cascina Scova. It is a 4 star hotel, located just outside the city in a very relaxing location.

If you come to Pavia, please take some time to visit the marvellous Certosa di Pavia (about 15km from the city).

Edited: 04 August 2010, 19:35
McKees Rocks, PA
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel in Pavia convenient for university and collegio ghisli

And don't forget about the wonderful castle in Pavia! :)

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel in Pavia convenient for university and collegio ghisli

We have stayed at the Hotel Moderno, which is directly across the piazza from the train station. Completely renovated and very comfortable. Quiet also! Have a good trip!

9. Re: hotel in Pavia convenient for university and collegio ghisli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Pavia