We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Piemonte - Any Recommended Reading?

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,765 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Piemonte - Any Recommended Reading?

I spent some time looking at a local Barnes and Nobles (NYC) but couldnt find anything on this region. Any interesting guides out there? Special interests: Culture, Food ;)

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Piemonte - Any Recommended Reading?

Had the same problem in bookshops over here, came across this link whilst searching on the internet: www.miomyitaly.com/books-on-piedmont.html

mesh

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Piemonte - Any Recommended Reading?

Hi Ziggy, I'd like to copy your thread in tripadvisor.it to ask it in the Italian forum too if you agree.

Would you be so kind to let me have your blog link too? Can't find it right now!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,037 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Piemonte - Any Recommended Reading?

Any of the ones on the link look of interest - the Passion of Piedmont seems to be about cuisine (but I only glanced at it so have no real idea):

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=books+about+piedmont+italy

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,765 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Piemonte - Any Recommended Reading?

Sorry guys, I completely forgot I opened this thread (had one of those eating days)

Tabata, sure go ahead. Thanks! My blog is (since you requested - lets see if its deleted) EatingWithZiggy.com

I looked at some of the amazon books and I may just get one of those. Some of them are cook books. I'm considering the Plotkin book as well, its just so big ;)

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,285 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Piemonte - Any Recommended Reading?

Zig, what kind of book are you looking for? Wine? Food? History? Fiction?

The Plotkin book is absolutely worth it. A book I really enjoyed that is set in Piemonte, but isn't about Piemonte, is the one about the making of a specific vintage of Gaya. I will look up the title when I get home tonight - I am blanking on it right now.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,765 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Piemonte - Any Recommended Reading?

Engred, any good guide book will do. Or anything else with emphasis on food, culture, history, and food. we have a trip to Turks coming up so I need something interesting to read to get me excited. I'll order the Plotkin book as well

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,420 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Piemonte - Any Recommended Reading?

Manuela Darling-Gansser's Autumn In Piemonte is a gem.

stanfords.co.uk/Home/Product-Detail/Autumn-I…

Vagabonda

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Piemonte - Any Recommended Reading?

Done!

tripadvisor.it/…54194498

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,765 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Piemonte - Any Recommended Reading?

Thanks Tabata, everyone!

Asti, Italy
Level Contributor
511 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Piemonte - Any Recommended Reading?

Cadogan Guides - "Italian Riviera and Piedmont" is one of the best and detailed and also "Touring in Wine Country, North West Italy" covers not just wine, but food and culture, both can be got from Amazon.