We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aosta to Paris by train. Worth it or not?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Aosta to Paris by train. Worth it or not?

Hello everyone.

In august I plan to go Milano-Como-Torino-Aosta. And after that 2 options: either somehow from Aosta to Paris or From Aosta to some coastal town, than Nice and from Nice to Paris.

Anybody knows is the first option real and worth it?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,459 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aosta to Paris by train. Worth it or not?

The first option is not entirely straightforward as there are no train lines through the Alps from Aosta.

Either take a bus to Chamonix in France www.savda.it/it/67/courmayeur-chamonix.php and a train from there.

Or a bus to Martigny in Switzerland http://www.savda.it/it/72/aosta-martigny.php and a train from there.

On the bus links, click the relevant Orario PDF to get timetables in three languages.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aosta to Paris by train. Worth it or not?

Thank you!

They say on their site that ticket reservation for bus is mandatory. Is that true? I have no idea at what time I'll start from Aosta.

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
492 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aosta to Paris by train. Worth it or not?

I think you'd better stay one night more in Turin, make a day trip to Aosta from Turin, and take the train Turin-Paris.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aosta to Paris by train. Worth it or not?

Why? You dont like Montblanc?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aosta to Paris by train. Worth it or not?

Could you please recommend what clothes to take? Is it windy in Aosta and Turin in the beginning of august? Is it sunny or rainy?

6. Re: Aosta to Paris by train. Worth it or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 04:17