We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Orta

Which Orta San Giulio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
13 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Orta

I am travelling to Lake Maggiorie and Orta without a car. I am flying into Milan Malpensa where I believe there is a bus service to Maggiorie? Is there a bus that goes on to Orta from the airport? I can stay in Stresa then go on by bus or train if that is possible? I would be very grateful to you for you help as long internet searches are confusing the life out of me! Thanks heaps

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
3,910 posts
741 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Orta

Buses Malpensa-Lago Maggiore:

safduemila.com/alibus-2014-malpensa.lagomagg…

On the route Stresa-Orta and back it seems there are very few direct buses. Moreover, the timetable now available on the Internet was valid for the past summer:

www.vcoinbus.it/cagnoli/SAF/e_stresa_orta.pdf

It 's also possible to travel by train between the two cities, typically by a change in "Premosello" station , and a travel time of 1:20 to 1:30 hours each way

Go to www.trenitalia.com, then click on UK flag. Enter "Stresa" and "Orta-Miasino" as stations

Brun066

Edited: 31 March 2014, 14:43
Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
13 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Orta

Thank you so much. I will explore those sites. Thanks

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,187 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Orta

If you wish to go to Orta San Giulio direct from Malpensa, get a bus to Novara Piazza Garibaldi (FS=train station) - see http://www.stnnet.it/novaramalpensa.html - think it costs about €8 but don't know for sure.....

then a train from Novara to Orta-Miasino - www.trenitalia.com - click the UK flag for English first and use a date this week to see the fare - dates after June 13 not yet online but should be similar.

Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
13 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Orta

Thanks to all think I have it sorted in my head now thanks to your help. I have booked accommodation so just need to work out getting around while there I hope there are buses from village to village? Thanks again cant wait to get there

Cheers

Melbourne
Level Contributor
28 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Orta

I wonder if you have traveled already and can help me - or if any other members can help me...

We will be in L Orta and L Maggiore area for 4 days at end of August 2014. We will have a car.

We have looked at Hotel Piccolo Olina in Orta San Giulio Eur110 per night for 2 people; but are a little concerned that it seems a bit basic. Other hotels are very expensive. Also - can you tell us how far is the walk to the car park?

Our other option would be to stay on L Maggiore - say Baveno - and drive to Orta for a day trip. What do you think?

6. Re: Lake Orta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 07:17