We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porta nuova to Via Modane (Hostel TO)

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Porta nuova to Via Modane (Hostel TO)

What's the fastest way from porta nuova to via Modane in turin. I have to lug around a large bag so trains would be far preffered to busses. It's today and I just realised they are far away so a quick answer would be massively appreciated. Thank you!

Turin
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Porta nuova to Via Modane (Hostel TO)

I don't understand what do you mean with "trains", there are only buses that go from Porta Nuova to Via Modane.

You can take bus n. 58B (note the B) direction "Salvemini" for 10 stops or bus n. 58 direction "Poste" for 9 stops.

Both Salvemini and Poste are south/south west from Porta Nuova Station.

http://www.hostel.to/english/dovesiamo.html

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Porta nuova to Via Modane (Hostel TO)

Where do I go to catch these busses, I only see a 58/ and where's the one to poste? Thank you

Turin
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Porta nuova to Via Modane (Hostel TO)

58/ and 58b are the same bus, old and new way to name it. To go south you need Bus stop nr 252, it's in Via San Secondo, between via Assietta and Via Magenta.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,141 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Porta nuova to Via Modane (Hostel TO)

Perhaps the Turin transport authority's journey planner can be of help: …torino.it/gtt/…percorsi-ricerca.jsp

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Porta nuova to Via Modane (Hostel TO)

Thank you so much for all your help! I just have two remaining questions.

1. On this coming Monday morning ill need to be back at porta nuova by 6am from my accommodation in Via Modane. I also understand Via Modane is close to a busy area, does that mean there is a metro stop that would be much more convenient as the bus was far to crowded for my bag and me. Otherwise where should I wait for a bus and how long should I be there for to ensure I can catch it back? Will it be the same bus?

2. On Sunday I am going to a game at Juventus stadium, how should I go about getting to and from that? Same as before the metro would be preffered but whatever the options are I will take them.

Thank you again you have been an amazing help :)

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Porta nuova to Via Modane (Hostel TO)

Thank you so much for all your help! I just have two remaining questions.

1. On this coming Monday morning ill need to be back at porta nuova by 6am from my accommodation in Via Modane. I also understand Via Modane is close to a busy area, does that mean there is a metro stop that would be much more convenient as the bus was far to crowded for my bag and me. Otherwise where should I wait for a bus and how long should I be there for to ensure I can catch it back? Will it be the same bus?

2. On Sunday I am going to a game at Juventus stadium, how should I go about getting to and from that? Same as before the metro would be preffered but whatever the options are I will take them.

Also how and where do I buy a bus ticket?

Thank you again you have been an amazing help :)

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,141 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Porta nuova to Via Modane (Hostel TO)

How about using the journey planner I linked?

Anyways, the Turin metro certain does not cover the area where the hostel is.

8. Re: Porta nuova to Via Modane (Hostel TO)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 06:17