We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

via Roma area supermarket

Montreal
Level Contributor
38 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
via Roma area supermarket

Hello!

I've taken an apartment for hire in the summer in the via Roma area (Via dell'Arcivescovado).

Are there any good supermerkets (supermercato) nearby that i can walk to for my groceries?

thanks

Turin
Level Contributor
7,719 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: via Roma area supermarket

There are some shops, markets and a few "mini" supermarkets. It't the very, historic center of Turin: there is no space for big supermarkets. Is there a specific reason you need one?

Montreal
Level Contributor
38 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: via Roma area supermarket

well, we'll be there with kids and we enjoy cooking and we have a very nice kitchen in the apartment. Over the course of 6 weeks it's much easier (and cost efficient) to do groceries. but i've been looking around and there's not much around. Even if there was a Carrefour Mini or something?

Turin
Level Contributor
7,719 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: via Roma area supermarket

Sorry, my English is a bit rusty. I meant, is there a reason why you want to buy your groceries only at a supermarket and not at a market, where products are fresh, or some shops?

Porta Palazzo is a huge, daily market where you can find almost everything you need and prices are quite cheap.

Edit: There is a mini carrefour, it's at the intersection between Via Carlo Alberto and Via Maria Vittoria.

https://maps.gstatic.com/m/streetview/…

Edited: 27 May 2013, 08:00
Montreal
Level Contributor
38 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: via Roma area supermarket

first of all NapOrsoCapo71 your english is excellent and thank you very much for a great answer to my question.

I think the closest market to me would be the one at Cristina Madama? I like buying from markets but there's the daily thing of milk, eggs, etc etc. And i like to flash the credit card wherever i can. Most markets only take cash.

But it's fine. I'm sure there will be shops close by that i can get all these things in.

Turin
Level Contributor
7,719 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: via Roma area supermarket

You can buy those daily things in every market, but if you want to pay by credit card the mini Carrefour in Via Maria Vittoria is the best solution.

The market in Piazza Madama Cristina is quite far from Via Arsenale, you are right. Moreover it's small and a little... how can I say... posh? Expensive?

Porta Palazzo instead is crowded, noisy, popular, big and quite interesting. Kids and amateur photographers love the grid of colorfull stalls that sell almost everything, but stay alert for pickpockets.

Turin's people like to tell the story that Porta Palazzo is the biggest market in Europe, I don't know if It's true but there are always some French tourists that wonder around. At last it must be bigger than theirs!

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
677 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: via Roma area supermarket

Hy! I was walking today in the morning in the area, and I saw that a small Carrefours is in via Volta corner to via San Quintino. This could be very near, for you, depending where in via Arcivescovado, which is a long street, you are. I don't expect it to be so good for fresh items, but I'd have a look. Have a nice stay!

7. Re: via Roma area supermarket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Turin