We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Base from which to visit Sampeyre

Which Turin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
292 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Base from which to visit Sampeyre

(I posted a similar inquiry on the general Piedmont forum recently, but had no replies so I thought posting the question on the Turin forum, which is more active, would be better. Apologies if this is the wrong place for this question)

In early October my parents, husband, and I will be in the Piedmont region for two nights to visit my father's ancestral home of Sampeyre, which appears to be a very small hamlet. We're trying to figure out options of towns in which to stay for two nights so we can spend the one full day in Sampeyre.

We're looking for a town in the area that is:

- car-friendly (preferably no ZTLs), as we'll be driving in from the Verona area

- not a city (like Turin) but a town big enough to have restaurant/hotel options and that was big enough so we could split up as couples and have a little space (this is why we'd prefer not to stay in Sampeyre itself, unless it's a bigger town than my research indicates)

- within 1 1/2-2 hours each way to/from Sampeyre

I've looked online at towns like Alba, Cuneo, Barolo, Asti, etc., but it's very difficult for me to discern if they fit the bill of what we're looking for, which is why I need expert advice!

Any input appreciated, and all suggestions welcomed. Thank you!

Settimo Rottaro...
Level Contributor
638 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Base from which to visit Sampeyre

Good day, I don't able to help you, but I go to call who able to answer you!

Turismo Torino e provincia.

Good vacation.

Romina

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
292 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Base from which to visit Sampeyre

Grazie, Romina, and any information you can provide would be helpful!

PS at this moment we are thinking of staying in Cuneo, unless, of course, anyone thinks a different location would work better.

Thanks!

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Base from which to visit Sampeyre

We have passed by Saluzzo 3 years ago. It has a very original historic centre after being independent Principaute for many years and there is all you can need. It is also famous for its antique market.

San Giovanni resort is very classy but for more reasonable prices you can check

www.cuneoholiday.com

Settimo Rottaro...
Level Contributor
638 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Base from which to visit Sampeyre

In wait of answer of Turismo Torino, you can look this web site!

http://www.turismotorino.org/card/

http://www.piemonteitalia.eu/?lang=en

Romina

Edited: 05 June 2013, 07:21
5. Re: Base from which to visit Sampeyre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 12:05
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
292 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Base from which to visit Sampeyre

I thank you all for your suggestions and website links, they are providing to me the information in which I seek. So thank you all!

7. Re: Base from which to visit Sampeyre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 05:15