We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Open in August?

Which Turin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Open in August?

I've been reading a lot about how everyone goes on vacation in August. We will be in Turin in early August and I'm wondering if it's worth staying in the city for several days or if we'd be better off going into France, where we plan to end up anyway. In general we like to see architecture, scenery, and especially food--restaurants, outdoor markets, grocery stores. Occasional museums are ok, but not a main interest. Teenage daughter will want to shop for clothes, too.

Level Contributor
1,251 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Open in August?

There are tourists also in August so I don't think everything will be closed. I bet you will find a busy city instead. And today due to the crisis more and more locals are not going in holiday.

Turin
Level Contributor
5,124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Open in August?

Turin is not like Rome or Florence, there aren't so many visitors that we have places aimed only to tourists that stay open all summer (and where locals would never enter).

The city slows down a little in August, but if you avoid the week between the 11th and the 17th you'll be fine.

Some museums, royal residences, restaurants and shops will be closed on the 15th, check here: turismotorino.org/cultura/EN/A5/museums_and_…

Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Open in August?

Thanks! We'll be there until the 7th, so hopefully we'll find enough to do! If not, the vacation will be more relaxing than we anticipated...

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Open in August?

I highly recommend you go look at the Torino tourism website, it is very detailed and lists events, restaurants etc.

Also consider the Torino+Piedmont card for museum and site admissions.

going for another visit in 4 days!

http://www.turismotorino.org/index.aspx?ln=EN

Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Open in August?

Thanks! Will definitely check out the website.

6. Re: Open in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 05:17