We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turin to Milan - Trains

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Turin to Milan - Trains

Hi all,

Business trip to Turin and Milan, plan is to fly to Turin and then get the train to Milan, then fly back from Milan to UK.

Is this easy enough ? Can someone provide me advise on rail stations to use, cost involved for train etc... I am staying at the Radisson Blu in Milano ?

Also which airport in Milan is best for me to use to return to the UK .

Any information gratefully received.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,884 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turin to Milan - Trains

For details of train services, see www.trenitalia.com and www.italotreno.it

The cost will depend on how far ahead you book.

Linate airport is closer to Milan, but Malpensa has better transport links.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
31,489 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Turin to Milan - Trains

The cost will also depend on which sort of train you take - for example, the Regional trains cost €12.20 on the day but take nearly two hours, while the Frecciarossa trains cost €30 and take one hour,

Which airport in Britain may be more important in terms of cost and time than which airport in Milan. For example, for Milton Keynes, EasyJet flies to Luton and Flybe to Birmingham. both from Malpensa. For all flights, see http://www.skyscanner.com

Edited: 16 July 2014, 20:37
QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8,375 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turin to Milan - Trains

There are at least two train stations in Turin, both of which I believe serve Milan, so if I were you I would check the info/website for your Turin hotel to see which train station is closer. I believe they both have trains to Milano Centrale, where you could get either a train or a bus to Malpensa. I know you can get a bus from Milano Centrale to Linate, but am not sure about trains. Check the Trenitalia website for that.

You should also know that there is a bus that operates between Turin and Malpensa. I believe the stop is near the Turin Porta Nuova train station,but you should check on that. It probably also stops at or near the other train station. It wasn't clear from your post whether you were planning to spend time in Milan before returning home, or whether you were going straight home from Turin via Milan.

As far as Milan airports are concerned, note that Malpensa is to the northwest of Milan and Linate is to the northeast of Milan. Linate is also closer to Milan, which is what often makes it preferable for travelers who have a choice of airports. However, Malpensa is usually the airport used by big intercontinental flights, and some people have no choice.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turin to Milan - Trains

Many thanks for your information, to elaborate on my stay, I am spending the 28th in Turin and the 29th/30th in Milan before returning home also on 30th July.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turin to Milan - Trains

Great info thanks, no mention of BGY - Begarmo airport ? It seems that Ryan Air fly out of there back to Stanstead ? Is that airport too far from Milan ?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
31,489 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Turin to Milan - Trains

It is the furthest of the 'Milan' airports. But there are frequent buses (three competing bus lines) from Milano Centrale train station to the airport, taking maybe 70 minutes.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turin to Milan - Trains

Many thanks...lots of great tips and advice

my trip is now booked and is as follows :

28/7 - Stanstead to Turin

Meeting in Turin and catch a late train to Milan, then taxi to Radisson Blu hotel.

29/7 - Two meetings in Milan, then an 8/9pm dinner with clients

30/7 - Free time in Milan but have to be at Bergamo Airport for 3pm.

Next question is what can I do/see in Milan from say 10am - 2pm on the 30th July, any suggestions ??

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8,375 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turin to Milan - Trains

IT sounds like your hotel is a bit away from the center of the city, where many tourist sights are located. One of the reviews on this site mentions it's a 30 min. tram ride to the Duomo. So you should keep that in mind. You may not have time to go back to your hotel for your stuff and have to plan on carrying it with you. The main things that come to my mind are the Duomo, the Galleria, La Scala, the church where the painting j"the Last Supper" and they are all centrally located near the Duomo. Actually, with a really limited amount of time I would recommend just walking around the area by the Duomo and the Galleria, stopping someplace for a coffee or lunch, unless you have some special interest you want to pursue.

9. Re: Turin to Milan - Trains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Turin